Aggression is important in poker?

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggression in poker is extremely important to have good results in the long run, at tables where players are very tight this style works very well

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Aggression is more profitable to survive in the tournament.However I can't play that way and I completely failed when I did.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very important

by playing aggressive you

1. intimidate your opponents and therefore take control of the game and also make it harder for them to play their best

2. get as much money or chips out of hands as you can

but the important thing is to do CONTROLLED aggression . otherwise if you are too reckless / careless it can be backfiring at you and you can lose a lot . you need to have pot control and also need to know when to fold etc

but in general YES aggression is important in poker . especially cash games

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
It's important, but you can't use it against everyone.
There are players against whom it is better to play patiently.

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not like aggression, I do not spread it either to myself or others, aggression should be rare, sometimes you need a bluff that can be considered aggression

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing aggressively is a must in poker and there's statistics to confirm it.

The thing is, some people may mistake aggressiveness with maniac play style.

Be careful not to be spilling out chips thinking you're aggressive.

Gotta make use of all the factors that may give way for an aggressive play but yeah, playing aggressively is rewarding in poker.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it is important to play aggressive!
I think it is important to be patient. If you do not have enough patience, skill and experience, your aggression will only lead to loss of money.

rvicente13

rvicente13

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think patience is more important than aggression. if the game is played with patience you can be aggressive without having to bluff

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that aggression in poker is one of the most important signs of a successful game, without aggression there will be no success!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Aggression in poker is not a guarantee of good results. If you think that aggressive players are more lucky, then you are wrong.

Stanley Aguiar

Stanley Aguiar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Certainly! But at the right times. Intelligence and boldness are essential

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also believe that aggressive players achieve more results. But I have yet to learn to play aggressively rather than passively.

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker, being aggressive is like bread and butter. With your strong hands, you must play aggressively and never slow down.
But in order to balance your range, you must also include some bluffs. Which implies using the same strategy for all of your bluffs.
Therefore, it's crucial to be aggressive. In some poker games, like satellites, you need to be more aggressive than in others.
Instead of wondering if you're going to be the bubble boy, you need to be the one in charge of the table.

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Used in the right way it is an essential weapon in poker, if you do not know how to use it it could lead you to lose tournaments with ease.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
From what I have learned, in the early stages of tournaments we should be more tiets. Many recreational players play crazy hands and end up hitting.

Mahmudov041

Mahmudov041

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is possible to play aggressively, but it depends on what situation and how

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its huge, you dont see Phil Ivey limping to sitters. Fold equity and the power of position are two of the keys to winning poker.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While I understand and agree aggression is important , you dont want to be to aggressive too. My play varies due to many reasons when playing. I love when there are very aggressive players at the table especially if there over aggressive. They do all the work for me if I let them and use there aggression against them.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Great, it already has one of the foundations defined in you, that's very good. You're correct, aggressiveness in poker is fundamental, but not just aggressiveness, there are several other principles that you need to master. I noticed that you haven't taken the CardsChat course yet. Take a look there, it will surely answer many of the questions that you don't even know you have.

Sash_XXL

Sash_XXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips

I think you can't generalize that.
it always depends on the situation.

who are you playing against in what position do you play? how well can you read your opponent.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're right, but there are many more important things in poker, such as ranges, position play in specific stack sizes, push/fold strategy, ICM pressure on the final table.

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
semm when i try the agrresive approcash with like AQ AK damned card dont hit and cc course say to continue bet and i get myself into trouble

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
All depends on the situation but generally I think it's important to have a good balance of play. Playing tight and aggressive are equally important plays

You can't always wait around for the premium pairs to start play aggressive 🙄