F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1
He isolated limpers preflop, called a donk bet on the flop and folded to another bet on the turn. Since we dont know his cards, its difficult to say, if any mistakes were made.

Hand 2
He open limped A6o, which is a mistake. He should just have folded. He then checked the flop with top pair bad kicker but bet turn and river and ended up chopping with A2o. Postflop was reasonable, no mistakes made there.

Hand 3
He again limped preflop, which is a mistake, and as in hand 1 he folded to later aggression, so we dont know his cards. The river completed a flushdraw, and his opponent donk jammed into him, and I would not consider it a mistake, if he folded anything less than a flush to that runout and action.

Hand 4
He isolated a limper from SB with KQs, which is fine, but his sizing was excessively large. You then jammed on him with ATo, and he called it off, which was a mistake, when he still had around 40BB left. We can guess, that he might have been on tilt in his hand after having to fold a big hand in hand 3, and now having only a bit more than half the starting stack left. This in itself is a big mistake, because even with half a starting stack, we can still make a comeback, and having lost some pots is no excuse for dusting away the rest of our chips.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't check the hands since it looks like fundiver199 gave great in-depth insight, but I'm simply responding to say that sometimes the "correct" play or concept (like using aggression) doesn't win you the pot, but that doesn't mean it made the play bad. It could still be +EV, just that it didn't work in that exact case.

Just yesterday night I believe (in a cardschat freeroll), I gave the hand aggression in a spot where the opponent was polarized and I felt like I was ahead of their capped range. My "bluff" All-In shove was still a good play I feel, but the opponent turned over the nut full house!

Did I believe this hand was possible? Yes. If I didn't see this coming then perhaps I would have been in the wrong, but this was one the possible hands in their range (although under-representing the way it was played, so even less likely they would have it and have played it this way) and I knew it was a calculated risk. My hand beat most of their range though and I felt like I had the correct idea to shove in that spot. Of course, I'm probably not bluffing them off of the best possible hand there though :D

Oh well, it didn't make the play a bad play - just that they had one of the hand combinations I didn't beat; simple as that.

btw, I had my stack crippled on that hand, but built my stack back up and about an hour later I was roughly where I was before that play.

Sometimes your lines work and other times it doesn't, but results isn't as important as +EV and how you played it for what reasoning :cool:

P

pwalker4201977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I can’t be too aggressive when playing poker but u also can’t be pushed around