Adjusting strategy

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you guys adjust your strategies for turbo and hyper games? Do you up the aggression on every position? How loose should I be playing?

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you guys adjust your strategies for turbo and hyper games? Do you up the aggression on every position? How loose should I be playing?

Honestly your strategy shouldn't change that much

The ranges you play will be the same on each stack size

The main difference is that in really slow tournaments you can pass up on close spots, whereas in hypers and turbos you generally want to take every spot that's offered to you.

If you invest some time in studying how to play 10, 15, 20 big blind stacks you'll do just fine
http://pokercoachingoffer.com has really great content on that (as well as everything else) for a reasonable price.

Good luck on the tables my friend!

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with Evan that most decisions will not change because of differing level length. Base your decision on effective stack, position, payout structure, and the other normal factors you would consider. Then just go a little wider in close spots.

Good luck!

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with gripsed as well. Good Luck

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My strategy changes depending on the size of the stack. In turbines, the main skill is to play short stack and push-fold. Adjustments should be made, but depending on the stage of the tournament and the opponent's range.