AA - What's your top wager?

Kahntrutahn

Kahntrutahn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just told him that I thought it was a wise move to go all-in, but probably not a smart move to have every last penny of his bankroll at the table so he at least had some back up in case things went wrong.

So as I just posted in another thread asking what ONE skill was the best for your poker career:

Bankroll Management

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What does AIPF mean? All in play... ? Nope, i play slow with AA and wait until flop. I might raise, or i might check and let the other player raise me if I'm sure AA, is the best hand
Well then don't complain about your AA losing when you make the dumb play of slow-playing them. Quite possibly the worst way to get value for the best preflop hand possible and the best way to allow crap hands to draw out on you without you realizing it. Stop this and you might notice your Aces will win more often.

This is terrible.
Yep.

You would not believe some of the hands I have seen recently. Believe it or not (and I guess you do.....:D) 84o is da absoluuuut nutz to some players.....
Well of course ;)

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i went allin for like 500 dollars on full tilt when we were to play there with a pair of queens against pocket kings i won with a set with a queen on the river

R

RiverOfDreamz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well then don't complain about your AA losing when you make the dumb play of slow-playing them. Quite possibly the worst way to get value for the best preflop hand possible and the best way to allow crap hands to draw out on you without you realizing it. Stop this and you might notice your Aces will win more often.

I agree with this reply to Shannon. It sounds like you're trying to make sure you don't lose money in the session. If you treat all of your sessions like one long one (poker is a lifetime session), then playing your AA passively is going to leave money on the table. In other words, you might have your aces cracked every once in awhile, but aggressive play of AA in the other situations will make up for what you lose when they get cracked.

AIPF = all in pre-flop