bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have AA before the flop and am in the BB. I raise 3xBB, 3 people call.

The flop comes: 9 K K
Player before the BB doubles the pot, I call, the other two fold.
A 10 comes on the turn, and the guy shoves all in.

I did not pay the all in, because there KK on the table, and I put opponent on having a K in their hand.

Was I right to fold?

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
without knowing your position or stack size i would usualy say with aces you should have 3 bet.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is hard to think about that hand without know anything about other players, but I think that I would play like this:
Pre-flop: AA is the best hand but you dont want play against 3 players and without position, when have 3 limpers before me, I bet 2-3 BBs + 1 BB per limper, so I would bet 5-6 BBs, to try to play flop against 1, maybe 2.

Flop: When double K on board, hardly someone had K, maybe he had 9x or straightdraw. I think you're ahead most of the time, if he had K probably he would not bet because you are the pre-flop aggressor.. Probably I reraise, but that depends of you stack, if I were short probably I reraise all in.

Turn: When board had 9KKT and villain raise all in, I think that fold is the best option.

It is very difficult to put the villain on a board because he was in the SB and he called 2 times.

R

roman5551993

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very difficult question, I do not know.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there are so many players involved and you wake up with AA in the BB, I would personally raise 4-6x the BB.. Most limpers will not call and fold if they have mediocre hands

On a flop of 9kk, it is hard to put a player on a K.. but if multiple people are involved in the pot, unfortunately I would fold AA

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have 1 in 72 tattooed in my brain thanks to Antonio Esfandiaro's poker commentary. Apparently, this is the approximate chance of getting tripps on the flop. (Update: I looked it up and it is actually 73.2 to 1). Still, it is takes some stones to continue with your aces. In a free roll no way I'm folding. If I am in an MTT with some real stakes involved, though, with that board texture it would be a difficult decision. ICM would come into play, here. And I don't pretend to mean that I would make some sophisticated calculation. I'm not that good. Simply, saying that the principles of ICM would be reverberating in my mind.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whatever you think, have studied or who your opponent is, AA is NEVER a fold, unless you are in a critical situation in an MTT, poker sites know it, RNG is programmed for exiting situations, and whatelse would you talk about? Folding 87o on the bubble?:hmmmm2:

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hanging out with AA before the flop was in the BB increased 3bb 3 people called, the flop becomes a 9KK player before the BB doubles the pot I paid the other two run injure a T on the turn the guy's all in there I did not pay the all in post had a KK on the table did right to run[/QUOTE

Hard to analyze this hand without knowing more about the other players. the level of the tournament, your table image, reading how the other pleayers play, ect. But, if I am in the BB with aces and there is a 3x the BB raise with 2 callers in front of me then I am going to put in a pot sized raise to narrow the field. If he calls then I would follow my reads but I would have CB'd the flop, if he then goes over the top and pushes, there could be a few reasons. He may think you are just CBing with air, he could have been playing A9, Q9. J9, JJ, QQ, QJ, Q10, J10 or 10/9 or he could just be betting with air. It happens...when I see a player who is reluctant to bet or call a massive re-raise when hey do CB, then I will raise that person with air frequently.

I actually had a similar situation that knocked my off a final table earlier tonight. UTG+1 comes in for a x the BB raise. He has been raising semi frequently but generally only doubling the BB so I knew he was stronger than his usual offerings. The button called and there I am sitting in the BB with QQ. I put in a pot sized raise, UTG+1 goes over the the top and pushes. I don't think he has aces or kings because earlier in the turney, he immediately pushed with KK, so I figure he has a strong ace or medium pocket pair. Button folds and I call. He has 88. Of course, he flops a set to cripple me and I am out 3 hands later. but still, I feel like I played it right.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing online i don't think there's a right or wrong way, i've played text book and got calls to shoves and 3 bets by ppl who call anything for the chase and get lucky.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually AA is a monster hand to start with, usually. With the table showing two K's it's a nightmare in the making. When this happens and you have multiple people in the hand you can only hope that you have more chips than everyone so you can survive the nightmare and play another hand if you don't have the insight to fold.

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the more players at the table in the game, the less chance AA has

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
must be steel eggs to fold, but u must do good folds sometimes:)

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Like already said, if you are able to drop the rockets, you're starting to become a serious player.

L

livyst123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in if you are low chips in a tournament but it really depends because you can do it when you have many chips since you are at no risk of being stacked yourself so in the end I would say if you are mid stacked and someone with more chips all in's you then maybe you could second guess it.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whatever you think, have studied or who your opponent is, AA is NEVER a fold, unless you are in a critical situation in an MTT, Poker sites know it, RNG is programmed for exiting situations, and whatelse would you talk about? Folding 87o on the bubble?:hmmmm2:

You shouldn't make decision based on what you think or feel the RNG will or will not do. Let alone dispense advice to that type of ideology. Why don't we talk about board texture? Fold came on the turn. If you can't fold AA thinking a pair is good with a paired board then predicting the RNG is least of you're problem.

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if this is a tournament of nikhih limits, then you can safely bet all-in because there is always a person who wants to give you his chips))

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been beaten so many times with pocket aces and kings by slow playing them. In my opinion, you should have shoved all-in pre-flop.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always be aggressive with aces pre flop ,and if you get action be aware of your opponents tendencies pre and post flop and if you don't have a lot of info on them ,be careful how you approach post flop play with them until you learn alittle more about them .

V

vhung1111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Co-sign with the guys above saying be aggressive pre-flop. AA is great, but post flop it’s just another pocket pair.

Try to get the limpers out, max 1-2 villains after the flop, and try to take it down from there (unless you hit another Ace ofc lol).

At the risk of being a repeater (meow), just been burned too many times by pocket Aces and it is usually by trying to get as much action as possible (vhung you greedy fxxk :p)

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hanging out with AA before the flop was in the BB increased 3bb 3 people called, the flop becomes a 9KK player before the BB doubles the pot I paid the other two run injure a T on the turn the guy's all in there I did not pay the all in post had a KK on the table did right to run

For micro stakes i find the best way to play premium hands by raising huge like 10x or so..people are crazy there

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 bet is good but allin before flop is safer !

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without knowing how the bad guy plays, I would fold.

:eek:

R

recoveryagent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would have shoved it all. But that is just me too many people in the hand to fold or leave it as is .

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly depend on where and who you are playing against. In a pro event such as a WPT/wsop or high stakes event you always bet 3-5 BB with AA. However, if you are playing a smaller tournament/freeroll/low stakes game You can still do this but a lot of times I will simply call and here is why. You will get a lot more info back. Anyone who has a good hand will bet it and show you they have a good hand. You will also open up the ability to trap players if you are in a good position or get a good flop or other community card further on in the hand. As with any hand there are always multiple ways to play it.