pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Almost never.

GTO Charts have AA as a limp very short stacked in the SB open against BB HU sometimes.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You may play AA by limp when you want that the players show they aggression

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Mainly from smallblind, but it can also be done from final positions depending on many other variables, of course.

Everything in poker is about risk benefit.
I believe that the important thing when you raise with aces is to play with the least amount of opponents (heads-up preferably).

Because we are so far ahead, I believe we can do this, but as we see aces being broken all the time, don't abuse it or keep in mind other relevant factors such as tournament stage, stack, information about opponents, etc...

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is best at this stage of your learning curve that AA limps never- instead you may wish to employ the AA open min raise as you will be protecting you other min open raises when you also use AA and you will be protecting your 4 bet range when 3-bet and you 4-bet

No need to add a low frequency play to your poker tool kit at this stage of poker skill growth.

:unsure::geek:

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find limping Aces can be more effective than given credit for, a lot of players will raise you in this situation which gives you plenty of good options.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I limp AA quite often, in general I like this style of play, forcing people to give me money voluntarily, so that they think that I have a weak hand.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When does AA lymps?
We will limp AA never. When playing cash games we are never doing it. One of the few things that people use to call "trap", it is a trap to ourselves. We are aggressive and we like to keep it because when we get JJ+ we want to raise preflop and we want they to believe that we are kidding. When we limp AA we are giving too much chance for our opponents to hit a free equity flop and, as many players tend to do, when they see AA they get blind when it comes flop/turn/river.
Many players that get dealt AA preflop are already jamming all-in inside their own minds in spite of the board configuration, opponent or anything else. If you play AA like many of those, perhaps it is a good idea to limp preflop, because you are already all-in in spite of what it comes next.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
here is my opinion that a lot depends on the dynamics and on the opponents, or a knockout tournament, if your limp provokes active actions after you, then why not?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is best saved for effective stacks of around 10bbs or less.

It also can be used a bit deeper against a villan who is known to attack limps.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I can’t even think of a spot where I would ever limp AA.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The guy who plays AA limp, is completely amateur and the worst move to make, never play AA limp, amateurs and recreational players play like this, professional profitable players never play AA limp, good players always play betting.

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
sperctra is right....AA always raises..33%....50%....depending on the size of the pot and how many chips you have.