AA ALWAYS LOSES ?

binh80208

binh80208

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
As everyone knows, AA is a very strong hand but does not mean that you always win with that hand, you can lose just because your opponent has 2 pairs, straight or flush, so how do we play AA to be able to draw the max value and take a big win?

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you need to understand how to play and against who to play with such a strong hand, and when to throw it away, you need to feel the game and the player you're playing against sometimes on the river is already a weak hand, or enemies have 2 pairs on the turn, then you should throw it away sometimes you should get off the map you need to know your opponent

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You gotta know when to throw away your AA :p If you never folds with AA, sometimes you will lose BIG. You dont want that.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
We must play raise then on the flop Chet and check or fold if opponent call and then raise

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
You gotta know when to throw away your AA :p If you never folds with AA, sometimes you will lose BIG. You dont want that.
Just don't fold pre-flop.

binh80208

binh80208

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
I would love to, but try my luck first and then later. LOL:p

binh80208

binh80208

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
Just don't fold pre-flop.
Most of people who play online are more likely allin rather than raise in preflop, these guys I usually avoid and it's best not to confront them :p

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Most of people who play online are more likely allin rather than raise in preflop, these guys I usually avoid and it's best not to confront them :p
Fishs usually go all in, since the regulars will pull out more, and in order not to scare them, they will re-raise. and if you put all in, then you can only take the blinds.

MazzErati

MazzErati

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If it's babble then yes baby! you always lose your AAs and no 2x stack for you!

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
AA is a specific hand, it is a made hand that is the highest possible pair (but only a pair) that only has 2 outs to improve
so if I can, I go all in preflop, if I don't manage to go all in preflop, after the flop I play like any overpair, i.e. I play for a specific flop, turn and river

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Aces are not Invincible​

This is not strategy as such, just something important you need to realise – for your emotional/mental health as much as anything. Aces mathematically have to lose a certain percentage of the time. Against any 2 random cards pocket Aces will have 85.2% equity. What does this mean in plain English?

If we were to get all-in pre-flop 100 times vs any 2 cards. Aces would lose about 15 times on average.

The hand with the most equity against pocket Aces is 56s (of a different suit to the Aces) and has ~23.1% equity. The hand with the least equity against Aces is A2o (2 is same suit as one of the Aces) which has about 6.5% equity.

Faced with the opportunity to get all-in pre-flop we’d always take it. The decision is easy. Aces are the nuts pre-flop. There is no better hand our opponent can hold and our decision is guaranteed to be profitable in the long run.

Once the flop is dealt, that all changes. True, your Aces may still be a monster. In other cases, they may be rags, or very mediocre hands. In order to be successful you need to be able to evaluate how the strength of your Aces changes on various flop textures. Let’s consider a few:
We hold the :ah4::ad4: on a flop of
1):ac4::5c4::5s4: Your hand is stronger now than it was pre-flop in terms of equity. The only thing that beats you is 55. The rest of villains hands either have very little equity or are drawing completely dead. You may even want to consider slow-playing here. Whatever happens, you want to get all the money in.

2):kh4::7s4::2d4:This is a dry board. Your Aces are still very strong here. You should almost definitely go for some value from Kx. You should be very careful on dry boards though, if your opponent starts playing back. It’s true he may have a Kx but many players might choose to check-call with such a hand given the board is dry and there aren’t many hands you can have either. Seeing as your opponent cannot have any draws or such a board he may only be check-raising with sets. Usually you want to get the money in on these boards – but ideally your opponent will either be calling-down or betting himself. If he is raising or check/raising this board it should really set off some alarm signals.

3):qs4::9s4::7s4:Drawy board. Your hand is less strong here in the relative sense than on the above dry board. Ironically you should be less concerned about your opponent raising or check-raising. There are a lot of draws he can have which you are a favourite against. He may also be concerned about you having a draw and raise/check-raise a hand like AQ. If you know your opponent is capable of playing aggressively here, getting the money in often won’t be a mistake even against raises/check-raise.

4):kh4::qh4::js4:Very drawy + coordinated board. Your hand is really not great here at all. It differs from the above board because there are more combinations of strong made hands – JJ, QQ, KK, KJ, KQ, QJ to go along with the draws. You still might hold the best hand though. You do still have a gut-shot to the nuts, and you block the Ace-high flush-draw. Ideally you want to get to showdown if you can – but if you find yourself facing a lot of aggression it’s probably better to just lay the hand down. You certainly aren’t committed here. Getting all the money in on the flop is likely a big mistake.

5):5c4::4h4::6s4:Low Board. These are the most villain dependant boards. The most useful piece of information to have is; what does your opponent do with a hand like 77-JJ? Some players will automatically raise/check-raise any over-pair while others play them passively; only raising trips or better. If you know your opponent will raise/check-raise over-pairs, bluffs, and draws, you should continue with the hand. Against passive opponents you need to be more cautious; folding to a lot of aggression wouldn’t be a mistake.
In general you should still try to go for value on these boards. There is a decent chance your opponent has not hit this board hard however, so betting smaller can sometimes be a good strategy.

6):10s4::9s4::8s4:This board is extremely co-ordinated. Your aces are little more than rags here. It might be different if you held the As, but you don’t. Even if your opponent doesn’t have you beat he is likely to have a huge amount of equity against you. Even any random spade will have over 35% equity against you. If your opponent holds the Js you are not even a favourite. There is no need to try and get to showdown on such a board. Folding to one bet is probably going to be completely acceptable.

So what's my point? Well AA varies on strength, depending on the flop texture, number of opponents, the position of your opponents and their respective ranges and how they interact with the flop. If you play AA every time like they are completely invincible, you're going to end up losing some very big pots unnecessarily.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA's are not bulletproof unfortunately you can't win all the time with them.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play it aggressively preflop. It's the best preplop hand to have

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
It is the strangest preflop hand to have, try to raise max preflop to eliminate max players, Than play aggressively or go ALL in from the beginning.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the local situation.
If there are many participants, AA will be worse.

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Reize, rereize, all-in ideally on preflop )

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you really have to take note how players play their hands. AA is great, especially if you hit trips, or a high straight, but on the same token, someone else may have pocket pair and hit trips, watch the betting!

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I lost more than I won with a pair of AA

V

vriza

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BA
Chips
my expirience with pocket AA is terrible. Sometimes i think i can win only if i go all in and most ppl fold their hands.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
How to play depends on many factors. It depends primarily on the format and structure of the tournament, on the epat of the tournament, on your position, on the size of your stack, on who your opponents are, and all of this should generally take into account your personal playing style. The only possible way to play simply does not exist :)