A7/A8/A9 how do you play it?

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

Most of the time when i get A7-A8-A9 and sometimes also A10, i just fold it if it's not suited, if suited i just call and don't raise.
Is this wise from me or I'm undermine the value of the Cards?
How do you play such cards?

So excited for your comments.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Opening range is acceptable but I think limping is a bad idea, better raise a little 2-2.2bb !!! Also, do not forget to take into account the number of blinds and the stage of the tournament !!!

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
being aggressif is the way most player act
if you are to concervatif you might never win

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys,

Most of the time when i get A7-A8-A9 and sometimes also A10, i just fold it if it's not suited, if suited i just call and don't raise.
Is this wise from me or I'm undermine the value of the Cards?
How do you play such cards?

So excited for your comments.

I do the same, they are very bad hands post flop. If you hit your A, your kicker could get you in big trouble. The A10 though, you can make a straight with it, when suited you can flop a Royal Flush...not very often at all, but I did do it once in all of the years playing..

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would usually fold those hands, but there is factors like position, chip stacks, opponents tendencies…
Hands like this cost people a lot but they think their ace is worth it��

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A7o-A9o is usually just a fold, unless you are in late position. Maybe A9o is opened from HJ, but not anything worse than that. Suited aces play much better, and programs like solvers will often have us upening any suited ace from any position, or at least its not a major mistake to do it.

We should also look at stack sizes and table dynamics though, and if they are unfavourable, probably best to dump at least the worst ones like A2s-A4s and A6s-A7s from UTG. If someone else have already opened, any AX hand should usually be 3-bet or folded. Suited aces makes great 3-bet bluffing hands, because they block hands like AA, AK and AQ, which usually continue against 3-bets, and when we get called, we can often bluff postflop.

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play when I am in the late position (depending on how many players are already in the hand) and when I am bb or sb.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!:)
If I am the leader in chips, then from A6-A9 I put 3bet from any position,if not, then raise from a late one.These cards have a good chance.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It takes courage to fold even though you have an A, but that is very necessary.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i will play A-T off suit . and occasionally A-9 off suit too but in general i will fold if they are not suited unless i am shortstacked

i wont limp with them but raise preflop and fold to a reraise unless it is suited and i have position

S

SvetRusLove

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
most of time, I don't like to play em at all. They are not that strong hands as they seems. So easily dominated by AK or somelike.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hands like these are totally situational. If someone raises ahead of you and you think they are strong, you’re gonna want to fold. If nobody raised and action is on you, or you’re in position, you can raise. You wanna be careful with this hand but it’s situational.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously, situations are different and it depends on many factors. In slow tournaments, I just don't play with such cards. But of course you should always consider your position at the table.

J

JJLakes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually fold unless,like said earlier, I'm in the right position and stack size,how many players,all of it factors in.Too many times when I was a beginner I would play any ace and that is what cost me most tournaments.There are too many better kickers and more often then not someone has you beat.I would get so frustrated catching a pair of aces only to get beat by a better kicker but experience has shown me to be calm and just fold,hang on to your chips.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fold them most of the time