A Question for the newbies ?

Bronco_Bob83

Bronco_Bob83

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to call. Good pot odds, good position, & I love suited connectors. I agree if you don't hit on the flop its an easy hand to get away from. If you catch 2 spades or an open ended draw, you are last to act. If its checked to you, you can take your free card or you can throw out a semi- bluff. If some raises before it gets to you, you can fold & your not out that much money. You could reraise in order to make him think & he will probably check after the turn, giving you A chance to throw out a bluff or see the river for free. Either way I say you must call.

atlas007

atlas007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i push ALL-IN its my favorit starting hand:thrasher:

L

lwillson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
fold

Without reading any of the other posts I would fold. Being pretty new in the game I am trying to develope a conservitave game firstly. I want to do this so as I get better I can learn aggressive and through off my oppon... It will take time to learn it though. Saying that I would fold because that is not a conservative starting hand with others in the pot.

H

HalosMgr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
One other factor to consider is what the blinds will do. You don't want to get in a meat press and have them re-raise behind you if you only call. JTs just isn't that great a hand and can't stand up to a re-raise behind you. You did say the game was loose & aggressive which would lend itself to that kind of play from one of the blinds. A lot of other factors need to be considered such as chip stacks and the size of the blinds. In a loose aggressive game, I think the correct play would be to fold, even if the pot odds favor a call. IMHO.

V

viking999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand why people are so afraid of a higher flush beating you in this situation. Obviously, getting the high end of a straight with no flush possible is ideal, but hitting the flush is usually going to net you a lot of profit.

If you have JsTs and 3 spades come on the board, there are only 8 spades left unaccounted for. To beat you, a player would not only need to have the A, K, or Q of spades (assuming that none of these are among the 3 on the board, which there's about a 66% chance one is) but also another spade in their pocket. Furthermore, that high spade probably need to be accompanied by another relatively high spade, otherwise, the player would have folded preflop (although the fact that the table is loose-aggressive might change that reasoning). If no higher spades come and you get too much action (probably all-in action), then you should fold, but usually your flush will take it down.

Pilecas

Pilecas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As newbie I call: Besides the position.

With 6 calls before me and the raiser came with a 3bet, plus none have position I have to put my looser hand on the Flop with a call, because I can see something like this.

Exemple:
UTG = AA
2nd call = KK
3rd Call AK or A10
4th call = KQ
5th Call = QQ

I am the underdog that`s for sure, but the ODD`s of hit the flop to me are bigger, only concern about the pair, but if a Hit a Straight is that what makes me call