Fahrenheit451

Fahrenheit451

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) congratulate yourself that you've get this far
2) do not try to outsmart pros, just go All In with any suitable hand (there are charts available which tell you right hands for that)

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well the poker ev comes from playing against worse opponents than you. My advice is for you to try to get involved in hands against players of your level or if possible below, which I find difficult to position you are starting as you spoke. which you will lose most of the time, especially in mtt, until professionals lose more than they earn, more when they earn earn enough to make a profit.

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep playing your game. In tournament poker can win any newcomer.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In my opinion, you should always play your game. Always stick to your strategy. And success will come necessarily.

fickleberry

fickleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you feel uncomfortable with a good player at your table, then avoid playing big pots with him/her unless you have a premium.

Crispoker540

Crispoker540

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should play tight and your strong hands play strong, the issue is that the pro will realize that you are a rock

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all, a quick question, with possibly lots of answers..... What advice will you guys give a newb(me) when he ends up in MTT with a pro on his table,do i just give up already or is there a sound strattegy how to play against someone of that caliber?

A pro is equipped with the knowledge and experience and a new player just have the basics of the game. And i think that is the only difference between them.
When someone attacks you with a weapon, what you do? You try to fight with what you have even knowing that what you have may not be enough to defend you. You know the basics of poker, stick to it. Play with very selected hands or top hands. Even best player can't over through you if you strictly stay on your game plan. He will try to bluff, semi bluff, lure or try to disguise his hand in order to make you off balance but if you stay on your own, there is not much he can do. A winning hand always remains a winning hand but you have to stay till the end.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Control the emotional. Even though he is a pro, beware, but don't change your strategy for it. He is not a magician!

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
With a professional you only need to play professionally :dancing: