A NEW PLAYER vs A PRO

D

djg250874

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all, a quick question, with possibly lots of answers..... What advice will you guys give a newb(me) when he ends up in MTT with a pro on his table,do i just give up already or is there a sound strattegy how to play against someone of that caliber?

The_Times

The_Times

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course there some advice. The best way to become better is to learn. Everybody can learn, and you should know the fact that that professional wasn't born with his perfect skills, he practised a lot and that made him better. You shouldn't be afraid of him, play and learn his style. This will help you. And if don't win him, at least you will get valueable experience

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I feel I'm in that position I tighten up my game and pay attention to their play . But wait until I change tables before I try anything I feel that I have learned .

MKaizer07

MKaizer07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice for you is to play more patience against a pro and to try not to get intimated by them being a good player. You should also try and go with your gut instinct when you feel that he is either bluffing or has a good hand. Try not to over think it and you will eventually get better and learn how to play against different types of players.

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You watched the movie "Revolver"? The phrase: "If you want to learn to play better, play with a more powerful enemy."

K

khimij25

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
all will come with the experience of the game. everything can be learned

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You shouldn't give up at all, just kep doing what you should always be doing: your best. The good thing about poker is that even when your best is not as good as someone else's, it can still be enough sometimes

D

djg250874

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys advice is always welcome .

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
vs good opponent try to play as solid as possible for human. Dont make weird moves. Whe. shortstack go allin he cant outplay you postflop if you are already allin can he?

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never give up. Why would you? Just try to get your chips in the middle with a reasonable chance. I may tighten up a little bit (not too much) as playing premium hands are easier to play. And as the others have heard... learn from the experience!

Oh, and have fun... it is a game!

Elvin771

Elvin771

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can bluff good player but you can not bluff bad player because bad player dont think anything and go all in every hand

M

mayoroftittycity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTTs are kind of tricky because you cna be forced to play. But usually, good players don't want to tango with other good players so if possible, try to focus your efforts on the weaker players around you!

C

cataah

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would try to survive as much as posible at that table and get lessons.

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should try to not just give up.Try to play but seriously,not on bad hands,dont bleff and you can win even if he is pro ,even if he is best player in the world.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
vs good opponent try to play as solid as possible for human. Dont make weird moves. Whe. shortstack go allin he cant outplay you postflop if you are already allin can he?

+1

Especially heads up. You are going to get outplayed. If you simply pick your spots and shove it just comes down to math.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all, a quick question, with possibly lots of answers..... What advice will you guys give a newb(me) when he ends up in MTT with a pro on his table,do i just give up already or is there a sound strattegy how to play against someone of that caliber?

My advice for a newb(you) is to become a member of the cardschat freeroll club, and play cardschat freerolls. That way you will never have to play against a pro. Once you are not a newbie anymore, keep playing the freerolls and have fun. Just because you enjoy playing poker doesn't mean you have to become a gambler as well.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you are still in the tournament after 2 hours, it will build up your confidence level, that they are the same as you, just tryin to make a nut.

Sitting at a poker table with a pro, you have heck of a lot better odds of winning than say, you on the track for the 100 yard dash with Usain Bolt or in the water, with say, Michael Phelps,

Betmakers

Betmakers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Harrington advises you to play as you normally play. And do not be very fond of bluffing against pro.

aqqr

aqqr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey. If I understand the question, then you want to know how to win from a professional, being a beginner. The answer to the question was given in the book "Collin Moshman - Heads-Up No-Limit Hold'em". If in brief, then you must destroy his plan to save the bank a little. The goal of a professional is to play in position and get as much information as possible. If you have a short stack, then you should be to go all-in preflop and make him take chances. Post flop can be used to make big bets with both a good hand and a bluff. This applies to draw combinations. For example, you can check-raise or check-raise all-in with a good draw on the flop.

L

ludomaniaco24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is impossible for a beginning player to win an expert in online poker in real time but online is not possible

A

AntonStremskyi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a pro, and not even a good player. But I think that every less experienced player will agree with me that playing with new players is a special pleasure. The game is difficult to read, the actions are often intuitive. Therefore, my advice (I apply it to myself too): try to figure out why the opponent is doing those or other actions. Do not play without thought and do not rely on luck.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cim sure would be a good opportunity to play against a pro, because over time you will evolve your game, who always gave a pro at my table.

G

geekedout38

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice is when playing against highly skilled players fold a lot, I typically will only play pocket pairs And face cards unless I'm in the blind

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play tight not fancy and dont defend weak blinds.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
only play with high cards !!! :)