Had a confusing week, can someone interpret my stats?

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When short stacked and calling an all in bet applying the gap concept yes i will call because you really have no option here. But i just think calling and checking is weak in most spots, most solid players will agree with me on this.

If you call with a non pocket pair and miss the flop, it makes it very hard to play "profitably" especially out of position when you didn't take the initiative preflop. Also, by not raising you are making it very easy for people to see a cheap flop, therefore giving up ev by not isolating other players.

The moral of the story is 97% of the time checking and calling is weak and passive although there a few exceptions. To OP can i recommend you don't play the LAG style as a beginner as it is the hardest style to play optimally. I also recommend you tighten up your range, rarely check or call and you will increase pfr and hopefully your profits. Last thing don't listen to bluenowhere advice about calling and checking being optimal play, as his game of heads up hyper turbos are a completely different game to 6 max or full ring cash games.

I posted an article on it the other day. Someone with a wide range opens from button calling with AJo in BB is fine. You don't gain much by 3-betting. Leaving villians range as wide as possible is optimal here. Not everything has to be 3-bet and I'm snap 3-betting 67s here but you don't have to 3-bet the entire range you want to continue with.

R

redvulture61

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I posted an article on it the other day. Someone with a wide range opens from button calling with AJo in BB is fine. You don't gain much by 3-betting. Leaving villians range as wide as possible is optimal here. Not everything has to be 3-bet and I'm snap 3-betting 67s here but you don't have to 3-bet the entire range you want to continue with.

Who 3 bets 6,7s from the blind unless your playing a LAG style? Nobody. Checking the blinds can be ok sometimes if you hold a very weak hand. But normally if somebody limps in from the the sb or button they are normally a fish holding a sub par hand and raising is appropriate as most solid players rarely check or call.. Yes sometimes people will limp in with strong holdings, and i will take note of this when they do and be more careful EG "Phil hellmuth" who always limps the button. But normally these players are few and far between.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who 3 bets 6,7s from the blind unless your playing a LAG style? Nobody. Checking the blinds can be ok sometimes if you hold a very weak hand. But normally if somebody limps in from the the sb or button they are normally a fish holding a sub par hand and raising is appropriate as most solid players rarely check or call.. Yes sometimes people will limp in with strong holdings, and i will take note of this when they do and be more careful EG "Phil hellmuth" who always limps the button. But normally these players are few and far between.

If you're not 3-betting 67s in this spot you're playing too tight and ridic easy to read and I'd open 100% of buttons if you 3-bet or fold. A semi decent player will rape you if you play like that. I didn't say limp either, I said raise (well my actual word was open, same thing). Calling with AJo is fine because you're doing well against buttons loose opening range. Then I 3-bet polarised. 67s plays better against his 3-bet call range than a hand like AJo, also it acts as a pure bluff. Sure if button calls too much 3-bet AJo for value and fold 67s but 67s is always in my default 3-bet range Vs LP opener.

R

redvulture61

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're not 3-betting 67s in this spot you're playing too tight and ridic easy to read and I'd open 100% of buttons if you 3-bet or fold. A semi decent player will rape you if you play like that. I didn't say limp either, I said raise (well my actual word was open, same thing). Calling with AJo is fine because you're doing well against buttons loose opening range. Then I 3-bet polarised. 67s plays better against his 3-bet call range than a hand like AJo, also it acts as a pure bluff. Sure if button calls too much 3-bet AJo for value and fold 67s but 67s is always in my default 3-bet range Vs LP opener.

Your terrible 3 betting from the blinds with 6,5 even against a loose opener is suicide because he is still likely to have a slightly better at the very least. Besides, last time i saw someone do it they were up against pocket aces and ended up stacking off.... Very bad play... Of course you should resteal, but not that wide because to resteal you need a better hand than you would to steal. How wide should you? This is all dependent on a number of factors, stack size, players tendencies etc. The stealer also has to worry about getting past the small blind as well as the big blind as they might be a fish who will happily Resteal with ATC like you would. I do an excellent job at defending my blinds, and adjust my 3 betting ranges accordingly to different player types. I just think that checking and calling is passive. Yes sometimes it's ok to flat, but this is all dependent on the factors listed above. But in genral, 98% checking and calling anything in poker is pointless. Ofcourse if your playing heads up matches like you do, its a completely different game, but even then, i will need a lot stronger hand to play out of position than a in position, so i will just 3 bet or even 4 bet while adjusting these ranges accordingly. Since i don't play the high variance lucked based hyper turbos, you wont loose much by doing so. However, let's not go on tangents here and keep the thread to its topic.

Last edited:
B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your terrible 3 betting from the blinds with 6,5 even against a loose opener is suicide because he is still likely to have a slightly better at the very least. Besides, last time i saw someone do it they were up against pocket aces and ended up stacking off.... Very bad play... Of course you should resteal, but not that wide because to resteal you need a better hand than you would to steal. How wide should you? This is all dependent on a number of factors, stack size, players tendencies etc. The stealer also has to worry about getting past the small blind as well as the big blind as they might be a fish who will happily Resteal with ATC like you would. I do an excellent job at defending my blinds, and adjust my 3 betting ranges accordingly to different player types. I just think that checking and calling is passive. Yes sometimes it's ok to flat, but this is all dependent on the factors listed above. But in genral, 98% checking and calling anything in poker is pointless. Ofcourse if your playing heads up matches like you do, its a completely different game, but even then, i will need a lot stronger hand to play out of position than a in position, so i will just 3 bet or even 4 bet while adjusting these ranges accordingly. Since i don't play the high variance lucked based hyper turbos, you wont loose much by doing so. However, let's not go on tangents here and keep the thread to its topic.

Completely wrong. Also using anecdotal stories is pointless.

You are 3-betting a polarised range and you don't seem to be getting that. I can make money off AJo by flatting, it is the maximum ev route as we do fine against villians open range but not good against his calling/4-betting range. If I 3-bet 67s ( or even 62o) I can take a hand that previously didn't make me money and turn it into one that does. I can make money with AJo by calling already, why take a hand I make money with and bluff it to make less money? Your view on 3-betting range is completely wrong and it's better 3-betting 72o than K9s barring reads that villian bet/call range is weak.

1luckysob

1luckysob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it not profitable to limp with suited connectors and small pocket pairs? I thought with these kind of hands, you usually want to get in as cheaply as possible with more people in the pot.

Its def best to play these hands in position, and fold them pre flop from early position. Calling small pairs and suited connectors in bad position gives you a 0% chance of successfully bluffing at a pot forcing your small pair or suited connectors to be the best hand post flop and they usually are not.

R

redvulture61

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Completely wrong. Also using anecdotal stories is pointless.

You are 3-betting a polarised range and you don't seem to be getting that. I can make money off AJo by flatting, it is the maximum ev route as we do fine against villians open range but not good against his calling/4-betting range. If I 3-bet 67s ( or even 62o) I can take a hand that previously didn't make me money and turn it into one that does. I can make money with AJo by calling already, why take a hand I make money with and bluff it to make less money? Your view on 3-betting range is completely wrong and it's better 3-betting 72o than K9s barring reads that villian bet/call range is weak.

Your play style is very easy to exploit and is fish like 3 betting with any weak hand even against a loose opening range is suicide as i mentioned before. I would love to sit to the right of a player who thinks its good to 3 bet with weak hands from the blinds, as it would make my good hands very profitable, and my weaker ones an an easy 4 bet . :D And i would also have potision postflop if you were to call, which makes even more advantageous for any solid player to exploit you. Ofcourse 3 betting and calling from the blinds is a great idea if your a solid LAG player EG Gus hansen, who has a significant post flop edge, but for any solid TAG player its a big no no. You still have a lot to learn by the looks of it if you think being a calling station or complete LAGTARD is a good idea. Besides, it is also funny that this stuff is coming from a player who thought that deep stacked cash games require less skill than short stack ones such as hyper turbos. No wonder you loose at hyper turbos, if you cant win at those, you will never win at deeper stacked games which require more skill. Don't take this idiots advice to heart, playing any weak hand out of position is bad idea which is the most basic fundamental concept in poker.

Last edited:
B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your play style is very easy to exploit and is fish like 3 betting with any weak hand even against a loose opening range is suicide as i mentioned before. I would love to sit to the right of a player who thinks its good to 3 bet with weak hands from the blinds, as it would make my good hands very profitable, and my weaker ones an an easy 4 bet . :D And i would also have potision postflop if you were to call, which makes even more advantageous for any solid player to exploit you. Ofcourse 3 betting and calling from the blinds is a great idea if your a solid LAG player EG Gus hansen, who has a significant post flop edge, but for any solid TAG player its a big no no. You still have a lot to learn by the looks of it if you think being a calling station or complete LAGTARD is a good idea. Besides, it is also funny that this stuff is coming from a player who thought that deep stacked cash games require less skill than short stack ones such as hyper turbos. No wonder you loose at hyper turbos, if you cant win at those, you will never win at deeper stacked games which require more skill. Don't take this idiots advice to heart, playing any weak hand out of position is bad idea which is the most basic fundamental concept in poker.

It's lose. not loose, the two words aren't even spoken the same so start putting the ****ing right one. Lol at you being able to exploit me though. I'll sit you at 50NL HU on pokerstars and you can try and exploit me, 100BB deep as well so you'll know that I'm superior at all stack depths. You left a comment on my hyper turbo challenge thread asking how to cope with incessant 3-bets so why the **** you think you can exploit anyone when a simple question like that needs asking is beyond me. The standard player is a higher standard at my game types to 5NL so of course it takes more skill. It's like saying a $1000 hyper player requires less skill than a 5NL reg. If you understood the first thing about hypers you'd see how complicated they are. Also I don't lose at hypers so I'd stfu with comments like that when you clearly don't know anything.

I'm not sitting here and explaining the merits of 3-betting polarised and flatting with AJo to someone who is obviously a retard who hasn't even got a basic grasp of simple concepts yet.

R

redvulture61

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love angry fish like you give me hilarious laughs. Who said i was a heads up cash game expert? As you could probably beat me in one of those because i have no experience in them only turbo sit and gos. Besides i am not even a heads up player normally although still able to make a small profit, while being far from an expert, which you cant do. I play MTTs, and SNGs, and FR cash games, which i can confidently say i am superior at than yourself. Is this really a big achievement not really as some of the advice you provide players is dreadful at best.

The thing is you are a loosing hyper turbo player at a game which requires less skill than deeper stacked cash games and HU sng turbos, and MTTs..

If you cant win at these, you will never win at deep stacked HU cash games against expert players or even good players. I can point you on to a few people i know who play these daily for a living who im sure will happily take your entire bankroll if you please.

The 5nl comment is also laughable.

You don't play $1000 hyper turbos, only $1.50 which you find hard to beat already.

I would say that the standard of play is better at 5nl than $1.50 hypers as most people who play these are terrible players in genral EG yourself.

Subsequently, this is why your a consistent loser as evident in your thread.

Also, from my experiences playing 25nl FR games, the standard of play far and wide is better than $1.50 hyper turbos. This is a no brainer since they
Hyper turbo games are dependent on primarily who can get the cards faster as the games only average about 3 minutes. While i have played turbos before against solid players, which have lasted up to 40 minutes which are a true testament of skill.

Yes i will acknowledge at the higher levels of hypers there is some skill involved EG $1000 level as you said. However, if you were to play these you would go broke in minutes as you would be playing people like COG dissonance, from HuSNG.com who is an expert player who i will be receiving coaching from soon because i have a desire to become a "Heads up expert". Of course, maybe you would be able to donk these guys out a few times with runner suckouts, which i suspect is what is needed most of the time for you to win. Ironically, this is the way i lose to fish like you in most of these games.

To conclude this long winded post, you have a lot to learn about poker. Although it is not hopeless for you, i would start by reading Harrington on holdem and 1 and 2.

Last edited:
B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not going to bother replying to all of it, seen as though most of it was just wrong. Also you seem to have gone off in random tangents in some places for no apparent reason

HU graph for year (at $3.50, not $1.50) :
TotalProfitByGamesPlayed

[ ] Graph of a losing player
[X] Graph of a winning player
[ ] redvulture61 knows the difference between the words winning and losing
I'll offer to have you a best of series of 1000 games of hypers with a sidebet if you want. We each play random opponents (ssen as though it's impossible to sit someone at lower stakes) and whoever wins most in 1000 games wins sidebet. If you think I only win by luck you'll be jumping at chance to take me up on this offer. If not STFU and stop being a retard who is all mouth but won't back any of it up by playing.

Emrald Onyxx

Emrald Onyxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to BiWinning and the OP............. Im sure you already see that none of that has much help with your stats; I can only hope they see it now too. If not then they should post their stats to the thread as it would be more related, or start their own thread for criticism instead of hijacking yours.

For your stats: Tight is Right when in the Blinds or EP.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was constructive advice until redvulture jumped in and showed a complete lack of understanding about 3-betting.

Shwiggler

Shwiggler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BiWinning,

Sample size is going to account for a lot when it comes to your stats. Around 50k is a good minimum for getting an accurate analysis.

Assuming that this sample size was close to that (and not around 7k) I would point out:

3bet % is too low: You are probably missing a lot of +EV situations you could be 3betting in.

Flop Cbet % is too high: You say you play aggressively so this could be ok, but typically players who win more don't cbet this often. May want to tighten up a bit.

WTSD: Is a little low. You may want to work on understanding your opponents hand ranges. Isolating them and getting them to showdown more often will get you more profits.

Since you have HM2 check out Leak Buster. Once again it won't be accurate until you have more hands to analyze, but there is some good training content in there to check out in the meantime. I believe in the trial you can view the video on 3betting, which should help you out.

Good luck at the tables!

R

redvulture61

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was constructive advice until redvulture jumped in and showed a complete lack of understanding about 3-betting.

It was poor advice, as you show complete misunderstanding for the Tight aggressive strategy. I play a game which is highly mathematical, and strategica,l and purposely playing marginal situations that are EV- like you do is not on my agenda or any good players one. Bluffing is better done postflop, not preflop and 3 betting is better done for value.

Last edited:
B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have absolutey no understanding about the concept of 3-betting and why it is done. You have shown as much already and are continuing to do so.

Also are you going to accept me challenge of 1000 HU games or do you not have the guts to put your money where your mouth is?

You clearly don't understand the maths and strategy either. Stop pretending like you do.

R

redvulture61

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have absolutey no understanding about the concept of 3-betting and why it is done. You have shown as much already and are continuing to do so.

Also are you going to accept me challenge of 1000 HU games or do you not have the guts to put your money where your mouth is?

You clearly don't understand the maths and strategy either. Stop pretending like you do.

No, you don't understand that purposely putting yourself in EV- situations is a bad play, and thereby you believe the contray to be true. And the last comment is hilarious, jealous fish like you will always try to portray themselves as good players when they are consistent losers. Inferencing why your consistent loser is easy with your shit advice, and also your liking for EV- situations as stated above. And about the hyper turbo challenge, i simply don't have the bankroll to play that many games, especially when it's a game type i dont specialize in. The only thing i lack in as a player is appealing bankroll management, however this has nothing to do with playing ability.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's your SN on stars? I'll check your stats and see who is up most this year. I openly post my SN and stats so lets see if someone who has the gall to call me a fish is willing to do the same or whether you come up with some shit excuse like you don't let people know it because you know my stars will crush yours
FWIW, 67s is a +ev hand in 3-bet pots for me. If you don't understand why it can be +ev don't give bad advice.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just looked at pokerprolabs (just put in your name on here) and your last 10 games are $0.10 games. You're down $80 this year at HU on a consistent downwards slope playing small BIs. Lmfao. Yea you're right, I'm really jealous, gutted I can't be consistently shit and play nano stakes.

B

BiWinning

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here are my stats for this week:
bJGVP.png

7ocEo.png

I tried to close in my VPIP to PFR ratio a bit. Is my 3-betting % closer to what it should be? My non showdown value has a negative trend, is this something I should be concerned about?

Emrald Onyxx

Emrald Onyxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MUCH IMPROVED!

you are paying more attention to how others will react to your bet sizes in different positions. Notice how you played 60+ hands from the EP with almost no challenge or re-raises? This is because after you start playing TAG, people have to chose their spots with you a bit more carefully now. (It also proves why you shouldn't be limping from that position as suggested above)

A downward sloping redline is caused by one thing: putting money in the pot and then folding.

That's it. If you're regularly putting money in and folding, your redline will suffer. If you do it often enough, your overall win rate is going to suffer.
Some common ways players regularly hurt their redline:
  • Continuation betting too often or in bad spots.
  • Having a one-and-done approach to c-betting.
  • Playing the out-of-position guessing game too often. (looks like you are getting this taken care of; Great Job!)
  • Calling too often with draws and playing them passively (forcing you to fold when you miss).
  • Calling raises with weak made hands only to fold to further action.
  • Calling too many three-bets and folding too many flops.
  • Check-calling weak hands that are essentially two-pair draws.
  • Playing passively in three-bet pots as the aggressor.
All of these examples hurt your redline. The binding theme is putting a bunch of money into the pot only to fold without a fight.

would you mind listing your post flop stats like you did before? I would like to see your c-bets and other percentages.

Last edited:
B

BiWinning

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks a lot! Here are my stats with c-bets and a couple of others. Let me know if there are any other stats I should be looking at.
Vn8Dh.png

Emrald Onyxx

Emrald Onyxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty much as I expected, you turn passive on the turn. Don't be afraid to fire all 3 barrels. Look at the Turn Cbet% from EP, it's 62%. It shows the others at the table you mean it. As a result you see your bb/100 in the green.

It's easier to see the result there because you have been paying attention to your own position when you play and are only playing quality hands because of it. But when you start playing with less quality hands you are giving up later in the hand. Maybe tighten up a bit more on the other positions until you begin to recognize who you want your money up against. And when you do......... mean it.