A bankroll $20 it is enough to start?

AIexander K

AIexander K

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash games with 20$ on 2NL...You have a chance, Good luck ;)

F

Frozrbyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't play cash games with only 20$ bankroll believe me i lost my bankroll many times because of the variance of the game. You just need some bad luck one day and your bankroll is dead.

While it is possible to have a big downswing such as what you mentioned in 2NL, it is highly unlikely especially if you only play normal tables and not zoom. If you keep losing your bankroll, then it means there are some leaks in your game you need to review

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends. Most would say no but I say yes for multiple reasons. The main one being, I don't really consider $20 a bankroll. I see it as a chance to build a bankroll. And If I go busto than no big deal its only $20. Most entertainment will cost more than $20. And Poker regardless of the reason any of us are playing is a form of entertainment.

If you are depositing $20 after $20 .. that is not good and maby stop depositing and stick to freeroll. But if we are talking a one off deposit I say yes .. go ahead and play. Ten buy ins is enough to take a shot, at the very least if you are a new player you will gain some experience.

Also if this is your first deposit don't forget about your first deposit bonus. Depending on what site you are depositing on you can get tickets for free games. Free cash upfront or after earning some points. Email support of the site if you are unsure and see what they will offer.

Good luck.

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sit and Go's are better for beginners imo, and $20 is more than enough for SnG's. If you play 888poker, you can find turbo/super-turbo STT's for as little as 10c and MTT's for as little as 1c, so your $20 is plenty of money!

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have cash backing for next, you can widen your stake.

If not, you have to follow strict BRM and just play the lowest stake you can find.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$20 can be enough, sometimes even $0 for a start :)

But i learned, it is better to deposit more (from work / side income) and it is
not such a pain ...

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
why are u asking after make a dep? :D i think even 0 is enough to start, enough to start in freerolls and get some practice and maybe money. if u make a deposit u want to win some cash, ring or sng games. dont forget that every1 want to win!

is it enough? yes! but practice first.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For micro 20 $ is good, but always better to have more than 50$ for beginning.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look at dbchristy bringing out this blast from the past!

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$20?? $5 is more than enough to get going!!!!

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
20$ is enough for 2nl or any tourney less than 1$ and some freerolls.
you can get more of your 20 bucks if you have a good read on your opponents so... i suggest you get yourself a HUD, maybe HM2,PT4,Jivaro or DriveHUD.
All have 30 days free trial so you can get most of your 20$

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not understand what your post?

Last edited:
StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For cash 20$ is not enough you should play 0,27$ up to 0,55$ mtts like the hot 0,55$ the big 0,55$...if you want to play cash start playing with 50$ 0,01/0,02

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know the rule generally says stick with games under $1, but that could be just to start if you are patient and win on smaller games. If you get to 40-60, you can play a few bigger games. Don't let it ride, you will go broke. Just my opinion of course.

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The serious players say unless you are a big gambler rather than a player, risking 10% of you bankroll or higher is bad management. A very small percentage of risk takers profit. Most of them bust out and have to put more money in. The 1/2 cent cash games are a good place to start without risking everything, and it does allow you to weather bad streaks. Small tourneys are o.k. but variance is high. At least in freerolls, you don't have to risk any money. I played a lot of sng's and always seemed to come in just out of the money more often than I cashed, and had a hard time doing anything but stay with a level bankroll. But, it is your money so gl however you decide.

rocknroll0

rocknroll0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bankroll at $ 20 can't play the cache game with so baiyin

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management