A bankroll $20 it is enough to start?

B

bkokin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I deposited $20 to start play, this bankroll its enough to play a cash holdem $2?

drapichrust

drapichrust

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, better start some micro tables .01/.02

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$20 is 10 buyin,so the answer is no ,you need at least 20 buyin that is $40.

E

Esanu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better play Sit and Go, maximum 1 $!

oruro

oruro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a bankroll like this one and you are a beginner, what you should play, tournaments, sit an go, freerolls?

Thx!

oruro

oruro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$20 is 10 buyin,so the answer is no ,you need at least 20 buyin that is $40.

According to this, a US$10 bankroll will be very little? Because to have 20 buyins with that amount you´ll need to play everyone of US$0.50 and if so, you´ll need to play just sit and go and no tournaments?

theboss

theboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you really need to play cash games with that bankroll you can play 2nl short stacked. Buy in for 1$ at the table. That is if you are only willing to play cash games and you have no interest at all in playing the 25cents and 50 cents sngs and you are not willing to deposit any more money. To be honest most of the times this will be a disaster and I would not recommend it, but under these circumstances maybe its the only way you can grind it up and when you reach 40 or 50 dollars you can play full stacked at the same limit.

J

Jojo56789

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's probably the best to try and play NL2. It's the lowest variance and if you have some experience and have the basics down you can probably build up your BR. You do have to consider that you could bust.

Gl :)

F

Frozrbyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends.

Yes if you used to play and just started playing again so you are disciplined and confident in your abilities.

If you are new. You can play short stack strategy at 2NL and it should be just nice for the $20 bankroll. Your short stack will rarely put you in tough spots because you are only going in with a good hand and very often you are committed at the flop. If there are micro BI's SNG and tourneys, then feel free to mix it up

However, you might be unlucky get hit with a big downswing or consecutive cooler situations when you start playing which might tempt you to go to a higher limit to win it back. It rarely gets pretty from there. So it's important to set a stop loss especially with such a limited bankroll

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I deposited $20 to start play, this bankroll its enough to play a cash holdem $2?

Do you has no deposit bonus?
Most of line poker give first deposit bonus, you can us it at first, and play freeroll at second.

J

joe31705

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started with 20 and worked it up to 90. But be careful micro stakes are minefield for bad play and suck outs. Be patient. And absolutely don't tilt.

V

vroomster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be done, but you're going to have play very tight ABC poker. Don't try to get too creative, and grind it up to a decent bankroll before you move up at all. The 2NL games at BetOnline are pretty soft.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its good enough to give 2NL a shot if u want to play cash. The chances of you going broke are higher cause yoir playing with only 10 buy ins, but since everyone at the level sucks so bad, it shouldnt be hard to win 5-6 more buy ins assuming your any good and be more comfortable bankrollwise. I say go for it. I mean seriously, whats the worse that can happen? To lose 20$? Im sure thats not the end of the world.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to this, a US$10 bankroll will be very little? Because to have 20 buyins with that amount you´ll need to play everyone of US$0.50 and if so, you´ll need to play just sit and go and no tournaments?

You can by playing sngs or double or nothing with micro buy-in such as $0.25 or $0.50 with 9,18 or 45 players and try to build up your bankroll from there.Bigger field tournaments you need at least 75 buy-in.

O

Ololow333

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can by playing sngs or double or nothing with micro buy-in such as $0.25 or $0.50 with 9,18 or 45 players and try to build up your bankroll from there.Bigger field tournaments you need at least 75 buy-in.

lol 0.25 or 0.5? )

akaRobbo

akaRobbo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just deposit $20 or whatever and have proper BRM. Like if you can't afford $20 you really shouldn't be playing online poker

G

gklcap

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like if you can't afford $20 you really shouldn't be playing online poker

Sometimes, it isn't a question of whether you can afford it. If you live in a country where the USD exchange rate is more or less 1:1, then this statement holds true. For me, it doesn't make sense to earn in local currency and then deposit it in dollars because the exchange rate is over 50 : 1.

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cash games are good option to grow a BR quick, but a even bad one to loose it all.

Try the 1,50 ST SNG, there's the 50/50 option with good paying rates.

I've gone from 2 dollars to 10 in 2 days. I know it's a small amount, but considering I've started from 0 playing freerolls.

Another option is the 90 players .25. Playing with patience will bring you almost 400% of wins..

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi....I think it depends on the website where you will play. everyone has their own bonuses. to build a bankroll from 20 need a lot of patience.and you need to start with the smallest buy ins..good luck.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can make an exception. It is very risky.

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is engaged here in the forum and join the club free roll, has very good free tournaments to practice your game and build a bankroll

S

Slavva

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've got 41 on PS and play only freerolls so far

dopeddrgn

dopeddrgn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$20 is all you need to start playing $1.50 SNG's on stars. I think its the best place for players to start. Skip cash head straight to SNG's. SNG's are best for learning how to place your opponents on their ranges, exploiting their weaknesses and learning the flow of tournament style play. New players should expect losses while learning the game and they certainly should not expect to be profitable for sometime. Without skills variance will kill ya.

razva_raz94

razva_raz94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't play cash games with only 20$ bankroll believe me i lost my bankroll many times because of the variance of the game. You just need some bad luck one day and your bankroll is dead.

I

invisibo123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO cash games should be played with only a bankroll that you would be willing to lose in one hand. SNG and small-entry tournaments would be a good way to chip up a bankroll to 300-500 range rather quickly. Have to be careful of those hidden pairs and lucky flops. Those all-in draggers get lucky on me everytime with the flop, even the right call could cost you.:D

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management