78 in the last position with bb and sb. What do you do: call, 3-bet or all in?

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will always want to steal! :D:D:D:D

Last edited:
eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will always want to steal! :D:D:D:D

Thank U 4 Posting

You should decide based on player profile- stack depth- your post flop skills

If the blinds fold to often you raise-never shove. We do not shove because we do not need to as the blinds fold to often.

If we are not better than our Villains post flop and they do not over fold we fold this hand.

Hope this helps
:):)

N

norman_zadeh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ill-defined problem

With all due respect, I would argue that this problem is not sufficiently defined. For example, what are the blinds, what did the small blind bet, and what is the small blind's range? If the small blind has a range of K5 or equivalent or better, or roughly the best 40% of all hands, according to Poker Cruncher, a 78 unsuited would have a 36% chance against that range. Assuming the big blind's positional advantage adds 5%, that would put the big blind's chances at 41%. That would not be enough to raise, unless the big blind is simply trying to make a play, is a superior player, or has reason to believe that the small blind folds too much.

Some of these issues are covered in my new book Hold'em Poker Super Strategy, available through Amazon.

Hope this helps.
Best regards
Norman Zadeh, Ph.D.

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank U 4 Posting

You should decide based on player profile- stack depth- your post flop skills

If the blinds fold to often you raise-never shove. We do not shove because we do not need to as the blinds fold to often.

If we are not better than our Villains post flop and they do not over fold we fold this hand.

Hope this helps
:):)

Perfect. It is always good to apply pressure carefully without risking the stack.
Thanks for interacting. I consider each response received to be important. The content is relevant to many participants. :cool::cool:

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With all due respect, I would argue that this problem is not sufficiently defined. For example, what are the blinds, what did the small blind bet, and what is the small blind's range? If the small blind has a range of K5 or equivalent or better, or roughly the best 40% of all hands, according to Poker Cruncher, a 78 unsuited would have a 36% chance against that range. Assuming the big blind's positional advantage adds 5%, that would put the big blind's chances at 41%. That would not be enough to raise, unless the big blind is simply trying to make a play, is a superior player, or has reason to believe that the small blind folds too much.

Some of these issues are covered in my new book Hold'em Poker Super Strategy, available through Amazon.

Hope this helps.
Best regards
Norman Zadeh, Ph.D.

Thank you for your contribution and content presented to the question.
So, I raised this question in a simple and purposeful way, because the call phrase does not allow many words that can deepen the subject. We have to do this within the topic with the responses of each one. Furthermore, this prosaic way offers us several different ways of thinking. Thus, we can extend the subject to several aspects. Be it for the position, the bluffs, the letters received, the image of BB and SB, the statistics and any other variable that can be discussed. Once again, thanks for your contribution, it is very valid for all Cardschat participants!;);)

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suited or not

Suited connectors make a lot of good hands. Especially in position. Without a doubt I would like to see a flop. Wouldn’t gamble with my entire stack though. Just get to a flop then you can dump it if need be.

Z

Stay Safe

Kenad_MNE

Kenad_MNE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold, they will almost always try to defend, is not worth it