4bet pot

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when we are in position and 4bet the pot, on the flop you prefer to cbet or check-raise.

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
A lot depends on what kind of opponent we are dealing with. If he is playing aggressively I would tend to check / raise if he is playing tight than cbet. Of course, the cards on the flop would also make a difference to your strategy.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this situation personally I prefer to also raise on the flop since you can learn a lot about the opponent depending on how he reacts. If you just check you give him the opportunity to bluff or to just check and get paired on the flop, or worse get a straight or flush. After you 4 bet I think it's best to continue the agression.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We wouldn't be able to check-raise in position, so I think you mean check back the flop if our opponent checks to us?

Usually if we were the ones to 4-bet, we would be c-betting the flop. If our opponent 4-bet, more often we would check. But it comes down to a lot of factors like how well we've connected, flop texture, opponent tendencies, and how big the pot is relative to the effective stack.