130 $ Bankroll "How to start?"

P

ph0n3_j4ck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 100$ I think you should start online playing at 4nl. If you decide that cash games are tough, maybe you should try out some $1 or 2$ tournies. Your goals are definitely realistic if you can keep tight brm.

C

credsfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would recommend you find a game that your good at and grind those out. A great game for beginners are double ups because they are low variance and are easy to make money from.

R

RickAversion

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No offense, but with $130, you need to get a job, not be gambling.
That's gas money for a dinner. You can earn $500 in a few days loading boxes or something.

Last edited:
Indian Givah

Indian Givah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It takes a while to figure out what you like, and what your best at. I loved cash games for the longest time and I've lost a lot of money due to improper brm, and I've come to find out that I'm so much better at tourneys. The most important thing is br management though. Ladybugger is right, don't rely on gambling to pay your bills. Also read anything and everything about poker. You will be surprised how much reading helps.

C

criss159

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For 'learning' the game as a new player I think you'd be better off to play in the 'regular' speed SNG's (instead of Turbo) & avoid Hyper-turbo.

T

teeworlds112

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
for those who think i want to do this to pay my bills. NO!
i want to do this to have fun and see if i can compete with others on a good level!

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would stick to penny any cash games, and STT with a low by in. I would stay away from all MTT because it's less likely to pay. Except for MTT freerolls.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management