10-J suited

Y

YessineMR

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello everybody,
for the 10J suited hande, the best strategy is to to check-raise preflop, when the flop come any superior cards will give more chances to contribute to a good quinte, even if adversary have bigger hand and hits one card, you still have a chance , after that, if also you have the colour coming on the flop, the best srategy is to be agressive and at the river you will have more chances to win the hand:jd4:

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello everybody,
for the 10J suited hande, the best strategy is to to check-raise preflop, when the flop come any superior cards will give more chances to contribute to a good quinte, even if adversary have bigger hand and hits one card, you still have a chance , after that, if also you have the colour coming on the flop, the best srategy is to be agressive and at the river you will have more chances to win the hand:jd4:
Just keep in mind that being agressive is not always the best strategy.
To win:
- all others have to fold (yeah good to be agressive to get this done)
- OR you have to have the best hand at showdown (agressive may show not to have been your best friend here)

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello everybody,
And what happens..if u bet big...no color on flop....small cards...not soo great hand until u see flop...flush...is easy online.....do u know how hard u make flush...live poker...but online is easy

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And what happens..if u bet big...no color on flop....small cards...not soo great hand until u see flop...flush...is easy online.....do u know how hard u make flush...live poker...but online is easy
not so great hand almost always; unless the flop is AKQ of the same suit:D, or JJJ, or TTT

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We all know that you don't have to be a strategist all the time to win at poker. So, (mostly) with 10J suited I "dramatically" shove all in. Although I will quite happy that if they give up...

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If someone raises, I usually throw this hand away. You might as well be talking about any middle hand. What is not correct.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello everybody,
Against a relatively strong range of hands that doesn't include pairs such as A2s+, A9o+, KTs+, KTo+, QTs+, QTo+ the JTs only has ~38% equity preflop. True, when big cards flop that also give a draw (both straight and flush) that the equity for JTs will increase to ~50% but how often does that happen? Cards Chat has a guide "Poker Odds for Dummies" to help us understand this question more fully mathematically.

JT even suited is not a very good starting hand, a lot of help is needed to improve against strong ranges. In the right scenario JT can be very profitable, it plays best in multiway pots where it can flop well and hopefully win a big pot.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In poker everything is relative.
It depends on many factors.
Namely, it depends on the format of the tournament you play, your position at the table, and the game of your opponents.

S

shadow72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
J-10 suited looks much nicer than it actually is. I would be very careful with that hand. It may be better to play it passively and try to trap.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not agree I think J 10 is a hand that you have to hit yet so do not have reasons to get chips in the pot without knowing if you have a good hand

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
J10 suited looks good, and i know alot has been written about it's playability postflop. but i persaonly have never had good luck with it.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure how you determine how to bet before you act. If there are some big raises ahead of you, you calling, still raising or folding? Picking a hand, projecting a bet, not knowing dynamics of the table or the chip stacks is not any kind of strategy I'd employ.

Why don't you post a few hands you played. That would be lot more useful. Members could comment with all the information. If not, thank for the tip I guess.

2Rockets2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My 2 cents

J10 suited is a hand that plays well postflop and is usualy going to be dominated however played from late position is the best spot to play this hand as you can just muck it when you miss the flop stay away from preflop all ins J10 is just not strong enough un less you are around 10 bbs

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10Js can be a great hand postflop, because you could have straight draws, flush draws or even both. Also, if you miss the flop entirely you can just drop the hand easily. For those reasons, it's a hand you should be calling the initial bet, not raising or going all-in.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TJs, or TJoff, will depend on the position I'm going to play, even if I play from UTG + 1 I'll be opening a lot, when I hit J, on the flop or 10, that leaves me in a difficult situation, because my Kicker is not the best, for you to play aggressive I need to have information of the opponents, and if I do not have it I'm going to leave betting if I do a semi nuts, one asked to follow, 2 pairs something like that ..
If I'm deep with 30bb, 40bb, I'm not going to go out betting just with a pair .. I'd rather do the nuts to extract the majeure, I with a pair can lose a lot of BBs, to another one that has a better kicker

dcmaclout

dcmaclout

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not a hand where you should commit a lot of money unless the flop helps you a lot but it is a hand that is played with care

V

ViolentID

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not so great hand almost always; unless the flop is AKQ of the same suit:D, or JJJ, or TTT
I agree totally. Have lost a lot with this hand and it is not one of my favorites.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
interesting what you say, the truth is I'm a bit uninformed because after a long time I'm coming back and thanks for your advice

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think of 10 J suited as a check/raise hand. To each his own. I do however think it's a very playable hand for you to try and make a nice hand with. The key being your stack size and other players betting. If people are going crazy preflop, you might want to fold 10 J. But if the price is nice, get a flop and proceed from there. Good Luck!!

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If someone raises, I usually throw this hand away. You might as well be talking about any middle hand. What is not correct.

I agree. JT is a semi-bluffing hand - but it is Trouble. With JT I really want to 3-bet 66 or 88. If opponent has KK or QQ, they may flat out of position, which would be a mistake for them, but sometimes an opponent wants to see if there is an Ace on the flop.

If there is an A on the flop and they check then I am owning that Ace in my 3-bet range.

Occasionally it works.

Good luck !

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the situation.
Who are your opponents?
What is your position?
Was there a raise before you played?
What is the value of the blinds?
How many stacks?
Then there are several situations to analyze before playing with TJs.
I can fold, raise, re-raise or push allin.
As time goes by, we find that depending on the situation, folding AA at that moment is necessary to achieve a good prize.

PokerDragon99

PokerDragon99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10-J suited is a nice hand to win, but there are also a lot of chances to loose.

You basically go for flushes and top pair.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
10J suited is a very interesting hand. It is not from the strongest and can be defeated easy. On the other hand you can set the ideal trap to strong hands with a straight, a flush or a straight flush and beat monster hands rising the stack!

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can not say how you can play a hand, since the way you have to play this is situational, depends on who you face, stack, tournament, tournament phase, etc.

odranorkan

odranorkan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of situations, and every situation you have to play the hand in a different way, and create strategies to play hands with each type of player.