1/2NL Live. Looking for "That is just idiotic. Please don't EVER do that again" leaks

R

RickAversion

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I downloaded "polished poker volume 1" in the cash forum by John Anhalt. I will read it this weekend. Then I will 3-bet every hand and drown in chips.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I downloaded "polished poker volume 1" in the cash forum by John Anhalt. I will read it this weekend. Then I will 3-bet every hand and drown in poker chips.

Wouldn't recommend three betting every hand ;)

S

Sneaky Feet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I downloaded "polished poker volume 1" in the cash forum by John Anhalt. I will read it this weekend. Then I will 3-bet every hand and drown in poker chips.

Lol I like the idea of drowning in poker chips. 3 betting every hand is a bit much but honestly that book changed my game. Follow the thread too there's a ton of great information. Even though I still struggle with some of the lingo and other things, what I have learned has made me a consistent winning player.

Samango

Samango

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stuff that prompts a reaction of "That is just idiotic. Please don't EVER do that again"

Well, this is just play money.

^^^^There it is :D ^^^^

Joking aside you should try to play some real money freerolls and get away from play money as soon as possible.
Of course, many will tell you that you can't play seriously against the sort of players that play the big freerolls and that they are donkfests.
This is true, but I think you will struggle even more to make sense of your new raising and 3betting strategies in play money.

S

Sneaky Feet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^^There it is :D ^^^^

Joking aside you should try to play some real money freerolls and get away from play money as soon as possible.
Of course, many will tell you that you can't play seriously against the sort of players that play the big freerolls and that they are donkfests.
This is true, but I think you will struggle even more to make sense of your new raising and 3betting strategies in play money.

Ladybugger correct me if I'm wrong but I believe she's saying this is real money that she's using for entertainment purposes.

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you want to use a limp strategy ...look up "small ball poker strategy "

- Daniel negreanu is a small ball expert

and if $200 is play money for you...I have to ask...are you single?

R

RickAversion

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am using real money, but it is a trivial amount of my actual bankroll.
This is just fun money. Like blowing $200 on dinner or $200 on poker.
Just part of the entertainment budget.

B

bbiase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basically most of the time you are playing mid-to-low pocket pairs is set mining. Set mining can make you stack off HUGE on lower levels, but limping these types of hands put a significant cap on the growth potential of the pot. A heads up three-bet pot can grow into a MUCH larger pot than a multi-way limped pot (understand pot geometry).

If you are a stack off chaser, and likes to play those implied odds hands like JTs, T9s, 76s, small PP, it is MUCH better to raise and get callers, or raise, get 3-bet and flat those, than limp call, when deepstacked in cash games. If you don't want to play big pots, simply don't play these types of hands and play Sklansky's chart of hand strenght.

Daniel Negreanu's small ball strategy isn't great when it comes to cash games.

R

RickAversion

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, if I am playing set mining implied odds, you're suggesting to raise pre-flop in order to increase the pot size for the rare time I do win. It will make up for the other 5 times I end up raising and then folding after a miss?

ConDeck

ConDeck

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop Limping and Bet More!! Atleast until your game improves! Just this small change will have a positive affect on your win rate!

Organize a Home Poker Game