Zach "Umbrella Man" Hall in the LAPT

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hoping the Umbrella will reign supreme ;)

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That interview on Stars is uber goot. Well done Zachary!

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, I didn't think anyone knew he was going to do it and that it was a surprise. Where/when did you hear about it? I saw the first published report this morning. lol

I talked to him last night on AIM -- we go/went to the same college.
Me and him actually both went to Turning Stone, and I wore a panda hat and he wore the umbrella hat :p

so we were talking last night joking around and he said he was gonna do it :D

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck Zach and the umbrella could be a great piece of self promotion, of course if he wins he can get use to umbrella groupies and such, I can picture it now the umberalla gets more famous than the man everywhere he goes people sing Rianna at him.

Handy if it rains though.

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck Zach and the umbrella could be a great piece of self promotion, of course if he wins he can get use to umbrella groupies and such, I can picture it now the umberalla gets more famous than the man everywhere he goes people sing Rianna at him.

Handy if it rains though.

ya never know when it will rain indoors. i would imagine a sudden downpour would make it pretty difficult to play cards

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He is now tagged.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 25
P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya never know when it will rain indoors. i would imagine a sudden downpour would make it pretty difficult to play cards

I have been indoors while it rains once before actually in a past life as a shop fitter! Not sure how it happened but the plumbers where not happy. Oh actually twice lol when in the arndale centre (manchester shopping centre) a truck hit a large pipe causing a major waterfall and a laugh for us workies but despair for the truck driver.

I have several stories just as boring as these two maybe I shall write a book someday.

Anyway hope Zach can do himself proud here reading his posts he has a good poker mind behind him.

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTW, my work blocks pokernews and most poker related sites (not cc, fortunately), so if there are any updates on Zach's progress, please post them ITT!

jokish123

jokish123

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
HES A CELEBRITY NOW!!

good for him :)

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Presently it's clear and sunny over the beaches of Mar del Plata, but should clouds move in we know one man who has come prepared for a sudden downpour. Meet pokerstars online qualifier Zach Hall, a young American who traveled over 6,500 miles from his New Hampshire home to play in the LAPT Grand Final.
LAPT%20ARG%20S2_Day1A_IJG_8982.jpg

Zach Hall, prepared for bad weather
Hall bought in into this event with W$ and is currently sitting with a healthy stack of 13,000. Though his shrewd satellite play translated into an entry into the LAPT Grand Final, we're a bit divided on the merits of his choice in headwear. Attention-getting? Absolutely. A fashion statement? Not so much.
In the first level of play, the forecast was looking grim for several of Team PokerStars Pro's finest. Joe Hachem was on shaky ground before the first break, but recently earned a double up when his pocket jacks held against ace-king.
LAPT%20ARG%20S2_Day1A_IJG_9024.jpg

Hachem rakes in the "fichas"
After that disastrous first hand that sent his stack plummeting from 10,000 to 1,100, Leo Fernandez is still miraculously hanging on, having tripled up to 3,400. The always-aggressive Andre Akkari saw his stack slip to 3,500 by the end of the second level, but he's scratched and clawed his way up to a well-above average stack. Just moments ago, Akkari made quads, severely denting the stack of David Flusfeder to take him up to 22,000.
136 players still remain of our Day 1B starting field of 151.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTW, my work blocks pokernews and most poker related sites (not cc, fortunately), so if there are any updates on Zach's progress, please post them ITT!

Posted <1 min ago:

74 Players Remaining
The pace has picked up since the dinner break. There are 74 players remaining. Among the notable still in the field... Humberto Brenes, Joe Hachem, Andre Akkari, Alex Gomes, Leo Fernandez, Maria Stern, and Umbrella Man.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I love it that zachs in this....im just glad he didnt go with the epenis hat.:p

KICKIN_ACES

KICKIN_ACES

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome Job Zach :top:

good luck to you :)

jokish123

jokish123

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
No Action for Umbrella Man

Zach "Umbrella Man" Hall made a stand. One player opened with a raise and Umbrella Man shoved all in over the top for his last 12,000. The player contemplated a call but folded. He asked Umbrella Man to see his cards. Initially Umbrella Man flashed one card then tabled both cards...
qs.gif
qd.gif

Umbrella Man has quickly become a local celebrity. Shortly after dinner break, one of the railbirds slipped passed security and snuck inside the roped off tournament area. He was an elderly Argentinian and took out his cell phone. He snapped a photo of Umbrella Man and rushed back out to the rail.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And I'm gone, shoved J9 from the button with 12 blinds left, BB wakes up with JJ. Couldn't have done that when I shoved QQ or AQ, but w/e. Fun time, obviously woulda been nice to go further, but thanks for the support.

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GG zach. Unlucky. At least you became one of the more memorable figures at the event :)

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Way to rep CC dude, as well as flex ur poker skills. Way to show some balls and sit down with the big boys! U the man. Dont worry about the shove. Iam sure ull be back very soon

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ul and way to make an impression Zach.

I would be intrested to hear about your experience playing in such a game and your thoughts on the day after you have had a few days to reflect.

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Lovin' every second of it, Go get 'em Zach!