Has your relationship with your family been spoiled by your long exposure to online poker?

YRAGAGARIN

YRAGAGARIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has your relationship with your family been spoiled by your long exposure to poker

I noticed for myself that I began to spend a lot of time playing poker, devoting less and less time to my family

Last edited by a moderator:
S

slothi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I guess it is like this….especially on sundays when the grind gets its highest level….but I appreciate that my family give me „a wave with the fence post“ if I am playing too much and starting to forget my social life

pokerace_1

pokerace_1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it affects me only if I spend more than 5 hours playing the game

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. Especially on weekends, there are bigger tournaments.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first, there was such a problem, but over time, when I began to more carefully plan time for the game, then relations with my family returned to normal.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are baffled by the hours put in. Some think it’s an addiction.

T

thesternburglar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it does especially when you have small children. Luckily mine are in their teens and they don't want anything to do with daddy unless I'm driving them somewhere. My wife has 3 book clubs a month so she is always reading. I sit next to her and play while she reads. It seems to work. It did not work when the kids were younger.

A

AngryCrab

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As a gamer my wife is used to me getting engulfed into my computer for whole days at a time.

I think she finds it a little silly that I could be having so much fun playing poker, but it is just so fun.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes a lot I'm hardly interacting with my family, and this is making me frustrated I think I'm going to take a break from online poker and focus more on my family and friends, I need to live the personal world more than the virtual one!

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
As long as I'm doing what is expected of me, the remainder of the day belongs to me.

A

airvikki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker did not interfere with my family, because the child is already a student. But about 10 years ago, when I started playing, I think that I stopped in time, otherwise I would have lost touch with my son

K

KITAYAWA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, unfortunately this is reflected in everyday life and communication with relatives.:(

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings. Previously, before I had children, I spent many times more crashing at the computer. This, of course, did not really please my wife, but she did not at all express her displeasure to me. Rarely. Now I have 2 daughters, 2 jobs and almost no time to hang out at the computer.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My relationship with my loved ones remained the same. Nothing much has changed. Poker is a hobby for me and I think that each of us has the right to spend time as he wishes.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
yes sometimes my girlfriend tell me that i'm playing too long poker and dont play with my kids or not talking to her

leoniq888

leoniq888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, much to my regret. I had been sitting at home without a job for months. Every day and night I played poker for 10-15 hours. At home they thought I was obsessed. But I found a job, and everything went back to normal!

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
They just don't care about my games, and this is great!:)

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure it's your game that bothers the family the most. Your wife sees you every day in the evenings at the computer. You are always told about the lack of proper attention to children and spouse. They will tell you that when there is a positive result from your poker then play as much as you want, if playing poker does not give anything good, then you start in big problems.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Everything is for people, we must be able or learn to distinguish what is more important. The family should always come first, everything is our choice and I'm not talking about giving up a healthy selfishness. It is only your choice and you have to be sure with whom and which way you go. You can always play poker and you will never get back the lost moments with your family.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No,not all because I only play online poker a few hours per day. I do not like to play long sessions.They respect the time I spend playing this game

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I think I have my life fairly well balanced. Family is the most important component In my life, so between family and poker there is no competition. Poker is a hobby of mine and I can play it pretty much whenever I want. As for family……my kids are all grown up and I don’t always get the chance to see them as much as I would like So therefore its an easy decision when I have the chance to see them :).

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Has your relationship with your family been spoiled by your long exposure to poker

I noticed for myself that I began to spend a lot of time playing poker, devoting less and less time to my family
Poker requires a lot of free time, it really does. And it is especially difficult to find this time for people who have a family, a wife and children. But I'm not married, I don't have children, so in general, I find time to play without problems, provided that I have electricity and the Internet.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe when I started to play poker I spent too much time playing, but nowadays I play around 4-5 hours daily in average, so, it's not that much time. Also, I don't have children, maybe if I had, I would think differently.