Your Biggest OMG Poker Moment

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought this might be fun. What was your greatest OMG Moment playing poker. I have had many OMG Moments, but the most outstanding one I can remember is the one where I was in the BB with AK. I remember there were some pretty good bets from 3 players before it got to me. So I just call. The flop come with KKK. I about fell out of my chair. I don't remember what each of those players had, but it was enough for all of them to play the hand all the way to the show down. I guess at that point they all about fell out of their chairs. So that's mine. What was yours? GL to you all today.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought this might be fun. What was your greatest OMG Moment playing poker. I have had many OMG Moments, but the most outstanding one I can remember is the one where I was in the BB with AK. I remember there were some pretty good bets from 3 players before it got to me. So I just call. The flop come with KKK. I about fell out of my chair. I don't remember what each of those players had, but it was enough for all of them to play the hand all the way to the show down. I guess at that point they all about fell out of their chairs. So that's mine. What was yours? GL to you all today.

Yeah thats quiet funny when you have the quads and the other player want to sell that it has it. :D I would lie if I would not be on the other side too and have some pretty words when they show their quads.

I honestly playing that long that every possible combinations have been showned up. Like Ax flush vs straight flush, straight flush vs bigger straight flush, AA < AK with set etc.

And I wanna believe I handle these situations great :p

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have quad A once. AA pre, I raise from EP, get 2 callers, blinds both fold. Flop AAx..... I check hoping someone will rep an A, but sadly check/check, Turn some card that I dont remember, and I think, I have to bet here, and I make it 1/2 pot and they both fold.........

:-(

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought it was pretty wild when I started to understand ICM, it was like all of a sudden the things I was seeing in training videos made sense to me.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies you all. Those are some good ones. TeUnit I just had one with you in the ACR freeroll last night. I think I was in the BB with AK, and I raise, and you move all in. You flopped a full house with your pocket JJs. I said OMG he beat the crap out of me. LOL. GL today you all

reska11

reska11

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I once had 22 in my hand before the flop, I hit the set on the flop. I can’t remember exactly how much money was in the game, the other player also hit a set with 66 and he went all in, and on the river I hit quads. It really was an omg moment for me I couldn’t believe it, I can imagine what the other player was going through at the time as he started swearing in the chat and uttered all sorts of curses. Really one of the few hands in poker that I will always remember.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Going all in with JJ the opponent had AA and I see J at the flop, then the turn brings A, and finally the river is another J!:D

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I remember my best tournament where I finished in top 3 (deal was made) out of 15000, (plus I got on CC's "big winners" list). Prize was about 120K.
Poker needs luck too. You cant win a huge tournament only with skill. I think this hand was in the top 20 players at the end of the 7 hours tournament. I had QQ and I had to go preflop all in...two players called. One had AA, other KK. And I got the Q. :) I was in top 10 immediatelly and I could fight on the final table. :)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My OMG moment is still my best moment in poker. In 2012 I was heads up in a tournament winner take all with 321 players. We had played heads up and I had a really nice chip lead when I got it all in. The flop gave me a nuts flush draw and I was winning the hand already at this point. The tun hit my flush and it was all over. My wife could hear me in the bedroom and came out asking what was wrong. She said you keep saying oh my god over and over. I had just won a winner take all and won the package to play in the 2012 wsop 1K event with money to use for the trip. At his time of my life going to the world series of poker was not a dream. It was a fantasy I never thought I could complete. To many it may not sound like a OMG moment but it actually had me says OMG out loud.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks again for the replies you all. Those are some really good ones. I wasn't going to add another one, however, I had a bad one last evening. I'm sitting there playing CC/ACR freeroll and a small buy in also at ACR. All of a sudden my wifi cuts off. So I called my provider, and I found out that I had used up my data. OMG was not all I said either. Tomorrow I hope I can just get internet in the house. This hotspot crap is not working. Today I'm at my ex-wife's apt in order to play. GL you all

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
One was just right now when i opened Comunity Hangout forum and read the title of this thread and i was like OMG man)

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
One was just right now when i opened Comunity Hangout forum and read the title of this thread and i was like OMG man)
Just kidding lol.
Well had one few days ago with some negative OMG, it was that 4K gtd, 4bucks buy in, and final table was paid very well, some thousand players were there, and we were down to 20 i was like 8 on chips, i played like 5 hours of intense solid game working hard for every chip, and then just 3 hands guy shoved with K9 i call JJ and lost 30% of my stack, then me AQ vs guy QJ flop Q we go al in river J lost another 50% and last hand guy shoved al in with QJ i called 9BB with KQ and flop J and i lost! i was sitting like OMG wtf is this. I got like 15 bucks for 20 place. 8 was paid like 200 or somthing.
Poker is so cruel :(

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Another kinda positive omg moment was also couple of days ago. Not like OMG moment, but omg one lol
In some mtt guy shoved al in from utg, and i called accidently pressing wrong button, and i had T7, and a guy actually shoved with somthing like 46 lol and i happen to win that hand :D
Rest of the table was like wtf is that :D
And i was like omgomgomg :D

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies abgvedr. I know the feeling when you lose every hand no matter what. I just got my wifi back on, so ready to play a little poker

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I just started playing poker, it was a case that probably only surprised me. Since I was a beginner player. I had pocket QQs and went all-in with opponent A with a small kicker. Four of a kind fell on the table and the opponent took the chips from the table. I had a misunderstanding of the situation. I didn’t know then that Ace was more important in this situation.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi milka1605, and thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if you are saying the other player made a pair of A's and took the pot. If so, I hate that like you do. Some players will call all the way down with only A high, and I wonder who taught them to play poker.Well I thought I would bring this tread back out, and see if others will add to it. GL all

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest OMG poker moment, was winning my very first poker tournament. It was on Paradise Poker, many years, ago, and I won 900 Euros. I was ecstatic. I've won a few since then, but not for as much money. I came 3rd on a party poker tournament once, and won more money, but it wasn't a first place win.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Played a freeroll qualifier at Carbon Poker in 2007 and qualified for a poker trip giveaway - 5 seats. Took about 10 hours to play and I had a few pops during tourney. And suddenly it seemed there were 6 left and then it was over and I was in top 5 - did not even know what I had won. Site contacted me - wife and I off to Sydney Australia for APPT $1M finale. Site wired travel money and it was a once in lifetime. Played really well and finished 83 of 561 - just out of the money. Met several poker pros - awesome!

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi franken222 and thanks for the reply. I don't know how old you are, but I played on Paradise Poker, and Party Poker myself, and I'm 61. My best win back then was $750. I played half of the MTT and was so tired, I had to get my wife to finish it. So she really won it, and it was a big deal, and I was really proud of her. Anyway GL to everyone

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

my moment was a pair of AA against 77 flop 2A7 oll in villain call turn 7 river A lol incredible poker hand

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all for the great replies. Hi flail1. I haven't heard much about Carbon Poker for along time. I've played there too. Matter of fact, back in the day, I probably had every poker site downloaded on my computer. There was a lot of freerolls back then. Man that's for sure a OMG moment GARCIA PABLO DANIAL. Hi flail1. Yes I'm sure that hand about made your eyes pop out. GL all

Last edited:
G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a big OMG moment today. I was playing the Boost Bad Beat Jackpot games, and I caught 10 9, which is not a hand I play very much. Anyway, the flop came 10 10 9. A full boat on the flop. I guess the best thing about it was that I had 2 players calling all the way. It was about a $40 pot. Not many of those for me. Anyway, GL to you all.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing a live tourney. The final 2 tables me and another guy had huge stacks. There were 5 or 6 limpers on his BB and he jammed. It folded to me and I called with KQs and won a flip to double up. When I did make the final table it was 10 players and payed 8. I had 53s im the BB 3 limpers, I check and flop was 553. The 3 players in the pot were short so a bet to make them all in. 1 folds and a knock the other 2 out to make the money. I ended 1st.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi cardplayer52. Man those hands are killer hands. I love to catch them and have some good action. I guess that's a big OMG moment for them lol. Well GL you all.