Are You Superstitious?

Evgenyi Shepelev

Evgenyi Shepelev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am very superstitious. If on a flopa has come the street dro, and on a turn also a flash dro it was added, then I drop maps, never reached. Also if AA have come and someone goes is all in, I dump them never has won with such card.

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Yes, insofar as the poker, games not against the Player, with which regularly poorer

sakenby

sakenby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is a superstition?Of several matches in a row.You three or four times in a row accidentally won the pot on some garbage hand, and I think that this hand is happy.The moment will come and you with this hand, lose everything.So in poker there is no place for superstitions.

Timur23rus

Timur23rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I, like my father and my grandfather are not. But my wife, my mother and my grandmother is very superstitious. This war goes back generations in our family, but these women's no one can convince otherwise. It's very funny:)

So in poker there is no place for superstitions.
I totally agree with you, man.

311evo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a bad run for weeks where I'd lose over pairs whenever a Queen hit the board. It got a little ridiculous, but they've been treating me well lately.

However, most superstitions will just steal your money. First KK I folded after a board with QQ, I would have won.

V

Vasilina

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I'm not superstitious at all, until I see my favourite hand - pocket jacks:)
These two cards brought me my first money in poker, and since then I'd rather play this hand, than fold it, even if everything cautions me from such a hasty decision.
Don't know what to do with myself:(

M

Mazak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm superstitious when I see that i'm playing with fishes. Then I feel that pocket of Aces can't coz they may call with every hand ... :(

S

Sacredoro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's unlucky to be superstitious, so I'm not.

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every player in the background a little always thinks that if
Won a hand and was doing something, or sitting in a certain way, before another challenge if he repeats the same will win

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you superstitious? Only when it comes to gambling? If so, you aren't very different than many others.

I only play poker listening to music, the only time I played without listening to music I lost in the first play with a crack from seven to a crack of eight, since I only play music, I know it's pure superstition.

hulinada

hulinada

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to be superstitious when I was younger, simply because it was fanciful and magical. But experience of nothing bad/good happening after breaking a mirror or picking up a penny, has taught me otherwise.

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not consider myself superstitious, but sometimes during the game in my head had all sorts of superstitious thoughts

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I have many superstitions when playing poker. I have some lucky cards and in many situation l call with them. When I won my first tournament l listening some music mix. Now l listening that mix every time when I play some big tournaments but I dont have so much success with this. This is one of the superstitions when l play poker and l have so much others. We can say that l em very superstitious in poker

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm a little. As on the day that I was going to make a big bet and the light here at home began to blink. Even so I did and I ended up losing more than fifty euros. I felt it was a sign not to do it but I did not believe it.

A

ARARAT

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're not superstitious starting out, you will once you spend alot of time playin.

A

Alex12122312

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I do not believe it. All this is in our head, we need to think only of the good.

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally no, the Bible has a whole section on superstitions though. Doyle apparently doesn't like to eat peanuts or talk to women.

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main superstition poker players: - wear one dirty thing and never get behind the game in the presence of the dog.

I'm prone to superstitions.

I, along with my wife and hundreds of people, even saw a UFO. How can you not believe?

Last edited:
pashkawell

pashkawell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not superstitious. Always try to play the most right. Not to make mistakes.

elitenuts

elitenuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think most gamblers would admit to being somewhat superstitious. I dont use a chip guard or need to sit in a certain seat but I do feel better when I win the first hand I play

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I know a lot of players who are superstitious, but I’m not. However, if you think it helps your game, then why not. Personally, I prefer not to have some illusory thought interfering with my decisions.

G

Glebtyzhnyh90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All the players in my opinion are superstitious, all those who are connected with excitement, it is inevitable, someone thinks that it is framed, someone thinks that fate. Even someone who says that it is not superstitious is nonsense, self-deception. This is just my personal opinion as a beginning psychologist :)

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that all of this is false. Everyone thinks like as he wants
That is why I believe -- that today I lose, just because a black cat crossed the road
I think that is wrong and so stupid: D: D: D: р: р