ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
According to a poker reddit thread I was reading, it mentioned that over 85% of pots are won without showdown. EIGHTY-FIVE PERCENT!!!

To me, that suggests that the cards you hold in poker, at least if played right, are almost irrelevant. Another way of putting it perhaps is that:

*** AGRESSION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN HAND STRENGTH. ***

Do you think that is a fair assessment? Why or why not?

What other factors play a part making your aggression seem credible if only 15% of pots (or less) are making it to showdown?

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

Flyair

Flyair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings. I am using a translator. It seems to me that the figure is not objective. However, the topic is quite interesting. As everyone can see this is true, many hands end before the showdown. In theory, we can take the initiative with any cards, guided only by strategy. We do not always get on the board and such actions can be justified. It is important to consider that this 85% does not only include good hands. We need to think about how painful it will be to show our bluff. By minimizing risks, we increase the chances.

Flyair

Flyair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An interesting observation: some players use a random number generator or some kind of tool (toss a coin) to show initiative in a certain hand, regardless of which cards are in their hands. Still the blinds have not been canceled.

Poker Chips - History of Chips