DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I see many players who insist on prejudging someone or even mislabeling someone.

The question is simple, do you know your real game level?

Can you actually tell when someone is playing or joking?

People's main mistake is to think that they can know exactly how a player x acts and label themselves an excellent player, but the fact that they want to know their own level, deluding themselves only with a freeroll victory.

Know first what your level is, really, solidly, after learning to identify players with a large number of samples. If you can't do that, just stop speculating, if you can, you'll see that speculating is also wrong, not just for your game but for your life.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
The level of the player is determined only by the number of victories and what he earns from playing monthly or annually.
good luck:)

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I see many players who insist on prejudging someone or even mislabeling someone.

People's main mistake is to think that they can know exactly how a player x acts and label themselves an excellent player, but the fact that they want to know their own level, deluding themselves only with a freeroll victory.

Know first what your level is, really, solidly, after learning to identify players with a large number of samples. If you can't do that, just stop speculating, if you can, you'll see that speculating is also wrong, not just for your game but for your life.
It sounds like maybe you are getting offended by how other players are behaving in chat or on the forums. What you are saying is great advice, but it is probably better to be underestimated (and at times overestimated) by your opponents. Poker isn't a polite game and doesn't only attract polite players. The joy comes in taking their money, whether they are polite or impolite.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

NO! Ithought I was until I started keeping a close record of my rEsults. I am much better in my mind than I am ON PAPER.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I get a kick out of players who after folding their hand, tell me that they "put me on (insert hand)". The reason why I get a kick out of it is that they think they can figure out why I do something, when most of the time I have no idea myself. LOL!!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think you will be able to understand the level of your game if you win tournaments and always get to prizes or to the final table, then you are the level of this limit. If you want to go higher and level up, you also go to the limits higher and if you also get to the final tables there go further and so on

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
90% of players consider themselves skilled and experienced. Sometimes I read posts from people who have only been playing for a month and already think they understand the game well enough to have good results. It is difficult, or rather even impossible, to evaluate yourself, because such an evaluation simply cannot be objective.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It sounds like maybe you are getting offended by how other players are behaving in chat or on the forums. What you are saying is great advice, but it is probably better to be underestimated (and at times overestimated) by your opponents. Poker isn't a polite game and doesn't only attract polite players. The joy comes in taking their money, whether they are polite or impolite.
I'm not offended, even because I disable chat for any interaction during the game.

I speak in general, from previous experience until I disabled the chat and everything I see in terms of judgments, whether it be game style or personality. Even countries of origin.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
90% of players consider themselves skilled and experienced. Sometimes I read posts from people who have only been playing for a month and already think they understand the game well enough to have good results. It is difficult, or rather even impossible, to evaluate yourself, because such an evaluation simply cannot be objective.
If you can't judge the way you play, how are you going to play your opponent's game? If you can't see the basics, you can't play poker.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
with myself I am very hard all the time and I have very big expectation from me every time I play :)...I want to win every tourney that I play , but ...:))

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course yes, otherwise it cannot be improved

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I understand my level well. I don't care about my opponents, but I always understand that my skill needs significant and long-term improvement.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to think so, that I am honest with myself, there are though some poker sites like partypoker where there is a analyser and will tell you and help you with your game and show you your level! I agree with your statement though!

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I take a serious look at my skills. There is still much to improve.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Yes I think it's one of the only ways to be a long time winning player. It's ok take shots at higher stakes or bigger buy-in MTT's but playing above your head and skill level consistently will only leave you one thing in the long run and broke or always reloading.

So I try to be unbiased as possible when studying and going over my HH and finding leaks in my game.

Cheers!!!

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Everyone is allowed to play poker. Most of these people, sadly, feel the need to voice their opinion on everything at the table instead of at a forum, like this. I play a lot of live poker and are subjected to all variations of conversation from the action at hand to past hands to pop-culture to politics. I hear the stupidest things come out of people's faces. They just can't help it. You'd think they'd wait to say/write their "stupid comments" for when they get home. Hell, if you can't your twitting device is right there. This is why I try to wear headphones.
Anyways, I am the only one at the table whom I am supposed to be honest with. It's in the parameters of the game, itself; to lie to everyone. Awesome, right? All you married guys and gals, here's your chance.
To lie to yourself is an even better premise for every poker player out there that doesn't. Get it?
Let them show themselves. There's enough lipstick to go around for all the little piggies. Paint on your poker face, especially if you can't conjure up one on your own. Hell, I'll help!
Like the old hag/suspected witch said in The Holy Grail, "Do your worst".

ENRIQUE23977

ENRIQUE23977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The level of the player is determined only by the number of victories and what he earns from playing monthly or annually.
good luck:)
That is the great truth of the level that you have, if you are really a winner at a level you must be able to enter the money every time, and consequently have very good results (Winning Player).
To avoid toxic players in online chat, it is best to block the chat. Because if you get into that word game you can lose concentration on your game strategy.
For my part, I know my level, I am a micro-limit player who has obtained his bankroll through freerolls and I am trying to be a winner (as we all want) of the level to go up.

To improve the level it is vitally important to acquire a Tracker to check the leaks. And to be honest, I haven't done that and looking for free HUD software isn't going to make it. It is necessary to invest in Pokertraker or HoldemManager3

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
everyone plays the way they want, and that's part of the beauty of poker, because anything can happen, and then time will tell who and at what level.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
That is the great truth of the level that you have, if you are really a winner at a level you must be able to enter the money every time, and consequently have very good results (Winning Player).
Most of the time. It's a mathematical improbability to reach ITM every single time .
Not even the best pros reach moneyranks ALL the time

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is all part of the game, many players win or lose, this is because people make mistakes, and even if you make a mistake you can win and if you get it right you can lose. Poker is not a game of asymmetry and sequence, poker is a game of variations.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I'll tell you if you tell me😎👍, maybe.....

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Am i really honest with myself and the level on my game? I probably am not. I tend to underestimate myself on many things and probably do in poker as well. Over the last year + i have really dedicated time into the study of this game and one thing I have truly learned is this................... I really don't know that much. as i thought.