Can you calm down and focus after a bad day of poker?

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I play poker 20 years and that shit what happens on gg is nightmare

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
the main thing is to calm down and concentrate

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
They call it "Tilt" and yes it happens to everyone, The important point is being able to recognise it, Stop playing, and come back another day, and try again.
Playing while you are on "Tilt" will inevitably cause you to lose even more games. Because you are not thinking straight.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
After many years of experience, it doesn't really annoy me anymore if there are one or two worse days. You have to accept that life is what it is. Sometimes it give, sometimes it take away. You won't be able to influence it, so you can only accept it, there is no other option.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Easy :)
Poker doesn't affect my mood at all. But after a bad day at work, it is very difficult for me to concentrate. Sometimes work just doesn't leave my mind and on such busy days I don't even feel like playing poker.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
it happens to everyone , the most important is to know how to control your emotions and try to focus more , if not the better thing is not to play until you feel better and more ready and focused.

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
For me thats not possible, thats why my solution is to sleep well and tomorrow is a new day

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's all part of the game like another game you win some you lose some and after 20 years one would think you had figured this part of the game outo_O.

Huntre

Huntre

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you put aside emotion, human being is get use to things that he meet every day, so if you get tilt often in theory after each time you became more resalient...

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yeah, there's no problem with that. There are bad series, but you have to accept them as an essential part of the game. Sometimes it's hard for me to adjust within one tournament. Sometimes it feels like the poker room is trying to push me out from tournament. :)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
this happens everywhere, and at GGPOKER and pokerstars, the main thing is not to lose confidence and keep playing despite these bad luck. However, the main thing is not to get angry if you get angry, all you'll just lose a lot of money If this happens to you, it's better to take a walk outside and calm down after continuing to play your favorite poker

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes, I try to separate the times when I play poker from my social life. Once I finish playing, even though it has been a bad day, I continue with my life. ahaha

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I actually have gotten to the point it does not bother me often. Variance can come and go at any time. As long as I play good smart poker it dont matter,

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I can but sometimes it gets me . I am an emotional person not a robot so sometimes i cant handle it but is rare

Spielkind

Spielkind

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Switch off your electronics and sit on a bike , breathe fresh air, watch the nature with all sounds. Thats life and be patient :) Have fun and analyse your game :) later :)

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
After a completely disgusting session, I need a 1-2 day break, I have a hard time going through such moments. If it’s just an ordinary session in which I win something and lose something, then I can calmly finish the game and the next day there will be no traces of tilt.

M

MANEJANO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MX
Chips
I don't prefer to keep calm, relax in other things and then play poker more calmly.

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This happens to everyone and we need to accept it as an integral part of the game. Or don't play

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't calm down for long after a bad day.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
no , i lose my focus , so i want to stop playing . Bad results , bad beats can easily drive me on tilt , then i might start shoving ATC , sth i want to control . So when i am on tilt i take a break , if i lose it completely and i feel completely angry or disappointed or sad because of mistakes or rng or whatever , i stop playing , call it a day :)

D

Doctrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I feel like poker is a training ground for life in this respect. I had a few bad beats in life, and poker gave me a chance to practice taking hits in a game I could walk away from. Now I sleep like a baby after a rough day at poker. It also helps me look at my life bad luck differently. Like tomorrow is just another day!

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, I can calm down after a bad day of play and wake up the next day and start all over again as if nothing had happened. The thing is, you have to understand that losses do happen and you have to be prepared for them and keep calm, especially since you say you've been playing poker for 20 years. If you get into a restless state while playing, think that maybe you should stop playing for today and continue next time with fresh thoughts in your head.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't have any problems, I'm even too calm, when I lose, I move on to the next tournament

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The best thing to do is take a break from poker, wait a few hours or even a day, and then after go back to playing, we always learn from our mistakes, so you can certainly come back with more experience, but never play tilt wanting to recover as quickly as possible, because most of the time this goes wrong.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Calm down is a phrase that doesn't really mean anything.
But the solution is if you train yourself both mentally and in the game, then you know that the machine threw you what you could have done.