Can you become addicted to poker?

Darwinjose14

Darwinjose14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not addicted to poker, I play more this day because of the COVID-19 lockdown.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing poker and not only, you need to control your emotions, your bankroll and try to play a certain time

S

sashalsd777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm already addicted to poker. This is a disease. Joke

T

Taktik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Зависимым очень легко стать в том числе и от покера.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing poker can be an addiction. I play some tournament every day and can't imagine a day without playing poker. However i still treat poker as a hobby and good time to spent with.

E

Emilfu81

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, you definately can get addicted to poker.

Especially once you've tried winning big, for many its a big rush.

My best advice is, dont play more than you can afford to lose.

Ive seen plenty of people lose seveal thousand dollars on a single hand, when already being heavy in debt.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, you can in a heartbeat! The rush of the win or the rush of the loss! your next game will be your best win ever you can't stop!

Z

zokiusa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

yes u can be addicted so easyExample-me :)

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Addicted, yes, you can be an addict at anything. For myself I enjoy poker and play it as a hobby in my free time. It's an amazing game, always taking risk and using math to define your equity in weather it's a good or bad decision. What an amazing game!

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you can be addicted, but you can get over it by having another entertainment facilities as well which can replace this hobby. I try to control it, there are some days when I lose it, but I 'll not sleep until I can say that day was meaningful to me. :D

makian

makian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think you could be addicted frome poker?,I mean do you need some advice not to lose control?
when I feel very fated in the game, I use the self-exclusion tool that the sites offer, use it once you are on the chosen period without using your account, I already spent 180 days without using pokerstars! due to my self exclusion

O

oscarhuka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And I think that if like all games it can cause addiction in some people. Precisely poker is a game that demands a lot of time from players sitting at a table or in front of a screen. If it is not your way of life, you are not a poker pro, professional player, do not neglect your commitments, work, family, friends for the game. Do it in your free time.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With this closure of the coronavirus I think that there are going to be many people who are going to become addicted to the game and then we are going to have serious problems to quit, lol.

jamielane0331

jamielane0331

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've certainly had some moments where I kept going back to the ATM when I know damn well I shouldn't be. Sometimes that tilt is hard to correct, and sometimes it takes a very long expensive time to correct.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, volare85! By my opinion main to play by bankroll, and then no addiction not will, because compliance correct
bankroll management won't let You do different stupidities and lose control.:cool: That's all. Good Luck!;):)

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Addict

Do you think you could be addicted frome poker?,I mean do you need some advice not to lose control?

I think you can but I am not an addict myself. Since I started playing poker I haven't missed a day at the tables. That isn't an addict, just a dedicated player.

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some of my friends are addicted but they are gamblers :D

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being addicted and playing all of the time...there is a difference. When I first started playing online, I would play all day and all night, (kid with a new toy).
I would be playing several tourneys at a time. I would fall asleep at times and wake up when my head hit the wall behind me. lol
Not very good for actually playing the game, table would pop up, I would snap call, raise, or fold. Not paying attention at all to what other players were doing.
I am much better now. lol

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you can become addicted to poker in two cases: If you win constantly , You want to win more. And if you lose - to win back. It turns out that we are all addicted to poker. This is psychology. But this is my opinion.

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's only one reason I can't get addicted to poker: I don't have enough money for that, hahahaha. [/CITAR]

I think that's right ... for a person to become addicted, he needs to be destroying the field he plays on, because if he is not going to lose all his money very quickly.
Unless she has a lot of money ... that's another story.

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn`t call it addiction.
It is just the same if you love to play football, chess or anything else, just can not be the same addiction as it is on smoking, alcohol, drugs which are physical.
I love to play and have enough control to not a lose a dime playing poker thanks to cardschat, bankroll mob and jackpot freerolls who may help you to build up some starting stack in many poker rooms.
Of course you can not make life changing money but may hope for a big ticket tournament.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think if you are constantly in the black, then the game is addictive, if you are constantly in the red, then there is no interest in the game.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sure I am addicted to Poker, I love the game, the Twist's and Turns, the adrenaline rush from an all-in situation, they all add excitement to a wonderful game of wits.
Am I addicted to gambling, No Way! there is nothing I hate more than gambling, I have been, I must admit. In my younger days I was always looking for some action of one sort or another. Horse racing, Greyhound racing, even slots but I learned early on there was only one winner and that was the bookie taking my cash from me.
Sure I had some big wins, but eventually the bookies always got it back one way or another. So I quit gambling a long time ago, right around the time I met my wife, you see she never tried to stop me but I realised that being single and short of money was not the same as being married and short of cash, and rather than risk our relationship on gambling, I quit!
Poker is not gambling if you have not staked your own cash, and I have never deposited cash on any poker site, I have started by playing free-rolls and built up a small bankroll from them, and to be honest I do not worry about losing the odd game. This keeps me going and I am always increasing my bankroll from micro and low stake games,
If you are trying to become a pro and make a living from the game, then I wish you luck, but if you are like me and just want to play for the fun of the game, welcome to the club.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

C

Charbilkh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course if u cant control yourself u may put all ur income on it:(