you analyze your loss

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, if I did not, I would not be aware of how to improve my game and avoid making the same mistakes over and over again. Even when you think you have played a tournament or a hand in the best way it is always good to analyze and review what you did and one of the best options is to share with poker friends and show their hands to have different points of view. Undoubtedly to improve your game you have to look back and analyze it to see where you are and then set goals to reach the next level. Good luck at the tables !!!

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it is always good practice to analize mistakes . Mainly when you are lured into making a bad play so you know what to watch for so you don't repeat it.

Mare10

Mare10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time i make analyze my game and my handa and i improve in next tourny :)

M

mico595

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I analyze my mistakes every time and most cases are the same

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will analyze hands for leaks or missed opportunities. If your not looking at hands you have no way of knowing what to correct.

oleg plugaru

oleg plugaru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a year ago I analyzed my hands ... and it helped to improve my skills .. now unfortunately I do not have time, and I play only for fun

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Typically if you get your money in good and you lose you did nothing wrong.

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you must always analyze your game to understand the reason for your loss sometimes it's impatience sometimes nerves or fatigue, although during freerolls you can do everything correctly but lose because it's online poker

Robmrjet

Robmrjet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you analyze your loss, do you change the style of your game or do you play also, does the loss improve your next game?

If i paid to play...and I lose...I'm going to at least give a fast though about it.
Most times....just a real fast thought. The thinking is usually done before I get to the coffee pot to fill my coffee cup up. That's a fact.

And it may, or may not, change how I play later on.

If I'm buying into games with the intention to win, and that's my goal, and
if I'm playing seriously, trying to play my best game, and I lose.....
I think long and hard, and then most likely, something will change in the next game.
If I'm paying to get into games with that goal to win...and I'm losing consistantly, not finishing in the money....I'm evaluating.

There are a lot of variables as to why it might, or might not, change how I play,
or even why I might, or might not give it much thought.

And that statement applies to everyone that plays poker. Even if they don't know it.

A lot of variables.
But it all ends at ..."knowledge" and "mind set".

Some people just want to play poker to win money every single time they sit in a game because they know they can.

My opinion is.....
the greatest of the players just want to play poker because they are good at it,
they make money at it, and others recognize their ability in their play.
As far as all those real good players analyzing day and night on ever single loss, bad beat, or losing streak ..??......

I'm not hearing them rant on cardschat about it.

Those guys tend to know....SHT HAPPENS! in online poker...and all the analyzing in the world ain't going to change nothing about that. lol
They also know...when to walk to the coffee pot, or the liquor cabinet, or the smoke tray....and take a breath.:bandit:

There's alot of over analyzing going on.
It's not impossible to get inside the other guys mind...
but you can't do it just playing one or two games with them.
That's where those stats make fast decisions handy.

You can't teach a guy to fill a dent in a car with lead....
you can tell him the process, you can show him how it's done, you give him all the tricks and tips you've learned over a generation....
but if he can't light a torch.....he can't melt the lead.

Better let him use bondo.
It's easier to sand.
And if he messes up..it's easier to fix.

NOW...that you've taken the time to read all that.
I'm not a poker player.
I play poker.
But I'm a long way from being a poker player.

(i'm still.....analyzing)

I can fill a dent a car with lead though.:cool:

Last edited:
N

Nick301274

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are simple rules:
play with strong hands, risk only with strong hands
Do not bet a lot until you see the flop
to be able to wait, survival is of great importance
do not succumb, when your opponent tightens you, you need to throw even AA if you see that the opponent can have a set of 2

but how difficult it is to follow these rules

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course! the main thing in poker is to look for mistakes in your game and not to repeat them in the future! hmm great for reviewing your game and detecting errors! if you do not analyze your game you will constantly make the same mistake! themselves without noticing!

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i started playing online poker, i analyzed every hand i lost. I've been doing that for 1year. I analyzed every lost. That's how i improved my game, my play style. That's how i grown big into the online poker tournaments. As a poker player i build my own strategy, I'm making exceptions on my plays but they're really rare. But in general analyzing games/hands are important for the beginners so they can improve their self's.Good luck to everybody.