Are you a Recreational, Regular or Professional poker player?

What kind of poker player do you consider you are?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hello everyone,

So I had a discussion with some of my poker friends and I said to them that I want to become a Regular poker player. Like I told them in my opinion a regular poker player is someone that is playing poker around 4-5 day a week (4/5 h sessions ) and is not doing this for a living, but it's good enough to have a +ROI (based on a good no of tournaments/hand for the cash games players ). When I say a good no. I mean more them 100.000 tournaments and 500.000 cash hands.
The Recreational for me is someone that likes the game and sometimes put's some of his money (earn on his regular job/savings in case of those who don't work e.g. the students) and the Professional in my opinion are those who make a living out of it (Lex, Daniel, Felix, Bench, you guys get the point ).

What I am interested to find out is what is your opinion on this matter and what kind of player do you are ( in your view ) ? What do you guys/girls think are the difference between this 3 groups of players?

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play all the time but with my health issues i am only playing league for fun.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on where I am, with friends for recreation, online regularly and in person I try to play like a professional, the interesting thing is that I can't always get the same results, in person I reach 60% of my potential, with friends 25% and online 15%

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think recreational player is someone who plays just for fun, usually only have time to play more on weekends or at night after work, of course wants to win money, but don't care that much if does not win.
Regular is someone that can dedicate more time to the game (play and study) and that have a real goal to make an extra income from poker.
Professional is somoene that have poker as his main source of money, no matter what level he plays.
I think I'm between recreational and regular player.

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I consider myself a regular player and intend to become a professional within 2 years

I wish you good luck on that. (y)How do you plan to do that? What games are you playing ?

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker for me in my life is an additional part of my income. I've only been playing freerolls lately. Although I have had good wins in entry tournaments in the past.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello everyone,

So I had a discussion with some of my poker friends and I said to them that I want to become a Regular poker player. Like I told them in my opinion a regular poker player is someone that is playing poker around 4-5 day a week (4/5 h sessions ) and is not doing this for a living, but it's good enough to have a +ROI (based on a good no of tournaments/hand for the cash games players ). When I say a good no. I mean more them 100.000 tournaments and 500.000 cash hands.
The Recreational for me is someone that likes the game and sometimes put's some of his money (earn on his regular job/savings in case of those who don't work e.g. the students) and the Professional in my opinion are those who make a living out of it (Lex, Daniel, Felix, Bench, you guys get the point ).

What I am interested to find out is what is your opinion on this matter and what kind of player do you are ( in your view ) ? What do you guys/girls think are the difference between this 3 groups of players?
everything was right, we understood the essence, I think you're right

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the NL10 limit, I am a near-zero regular. I live on rakeback... I dream of playing at NL25

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Many people think that the most important thing in poker is to be able to read the opponent's facial expressions, but in fact, the main thing here is mathematics. The whole point of gambling is that you can catch luck by the tail and hit the jackpot at any time. So if you want to make money playing poker, you will have to look for players who you can constantly beat. Indifference to losses is a part of the game that goes beyond poker table. In poker, you have no colleagues, because the rest of the players are your enemies. What status each player has, everyone decides for himself, some may consider themselves amateurs, but in fact they are professionals, they have never played in big live tournaments in their lives.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
but of course I play as a hobby :) , there is no question about that :))

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to become a professional player one day but now I'm a recreational player, don't have a schedule and get emotionally involved when playing.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Pro I am not , neither a reg , the stakes I play are very low , but recreational ?? I think recreational redeposits again and again , sth I do not do nowadays . Let's say I am sth better than a recreational :)

Maximus1980340

Maximus1980340

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
i am a poker lover would be a professional it would be much better to dream about it

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Recreational, I don't play very much and do enjoy the little time I play.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recreational from regular. Never qualified or put the time in for any other classification.