WSOP H.O.R.S.E. event....discuss

M

MrSwissCheese

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I must admit that the televised show last night was entertaining. Much the same way I have to watch COPS every week - it's entertaining. Like several others have mentioned, it looked like a home game with an open bar. I found the trash talking between Scotty and DeMichele was very fun to watch - from an entertainment prospective - but certainly didn't belong in such a high profile event.

Let's face it - COPS is entertaining - for what it is - it will never win any high class awards ;).

blazin321

blazin321

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He got slaughtered and STILL beat them LOL maximum respect for Scotty.....Baby!!

ryodejaneiro

ryodejaneiro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
any way one of you could post a link to a video of this or perhaps when this FT will be aired again?
I'm not certain, but I thought I saw (several days ago at least) that ESPN360 had posted previously aired episodes of the wsop, so that might be worth checking out.

I don't have much new thoughts to add, but like a lot of other people, I was very disappointed in Scotty's behavior. Up until seeing the final table broadcast, I only knew that he had won the H.O.R.S.E. event. But wow, Scotty's behavior was definitely a sad thing to see and not the way to honor the memory of Chip Reese.

From what I've read, once it got down to the final table it took nearly 6 hours between Glantz being eliminated in 4th to Lindgren's 3rd place finish. Given so much time, I wish that ESPN could've showed more hands that didn't involve Scotty's poor table manners.

G

gomango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to drink beer and play poker but in moderation. After 4 or 5 I quit. I wonder how many Scotty had. I have always kept my composure doing so. What scotty did might change the rules of the WSOP. No alcohol is probably what the commitioner is thinking. If there i 1 . Does anyone know? But i've never thought of poker having a good influence on kids ,if so Scotty would be fined. I think it was Erick who said after he was knocke out that it was the beer tht won and not scottie.

C

coljung

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
okay so from what i have hheard this seems very interesting and controversial. however i have not actually seen it.

Bit torrent baby !!

JustRaiseTheBlinds

JustRaiseTheBlinds

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah baby!
Unbeliveble, be drunk and win a tournament like that.
I think Scotty is my new poker hero. :D
''Two pints of lager please.'' :D

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Demichele: I guess I don't deserve it just yet
Whine--er--Nguyen: No you don't

Officially anti-Scotty unless he makes an apology.

EDIT: Reading apology now. Not helping.

Last edited:
P

poker d player

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well I finally got to watch the first part of the espn broadcast this past weekend. Scottie wasnt that drunk yet but was working on his buzz. Will try to catch the 2nd part soon, though I did see the clips on youtube. What's interesting is that he can get so drunk and still play all star poker. Possibly it helps his game ? Cant wait to see the entire part 2. Thanks for the heads up.

btw, I did hear he apologized... he said "sorry baby" ... lol

Last edited:
KICKIN_ACES

KICKIN_ACES

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was completly disgusted with Scotty's demeanor at the table. more than his drunken antics at Demichele was the chip dumping he was doing to Eric. I don't understand why he was not penalized for the language ( I thought they did that? ) I commend Eric on the way he handled Scotty, Heck he was even rooting for him after he was knocked out.

Congrats Scotty on your win as a poker player you earned & deserved it

As a human being you've got a long way to go towards being the classy guy everyone once thought you were

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to admit, I have always considered Scotty to be a total gentleman at the card tables, yet I was amazed at the disregard, disrespect and callousness displayed to the non-professional at the table. I cannot believe he was not given a misconduct penalty of at least 10 mins. Eric did not root for Scotty after he went out, in fact he whispered to the other player to take him out and as I recall didn't even shake Scottys hand. Guess their's a big difference between decorum and a dik at the table?

Wonka22

Wonka22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Demichele: I guess I don't deserve it just yet
Whine--er--Nguyen: No you don't

Officially anti-Scotty unless he makes an apology.

EDIT: Reading apology now. Not helping.

Oh, the whole thing about scotty saying he doesn't deserve it....Eh, that was the least of the bad behavior I think......Demichele asked the question..made the statement whatever.....I do believe he did leave it open for an answer tho. There are many many pros who believe that someone as young as Demichelle don't DESERVE a bracelet, even thought Demichelle has shown that he is a world class poker player.

As far as the penalties for swearing, those penalties have been removed, you can say all the four letter words you like now....

There are other things that Scotty did that should be punished....soft playing, showing cards....Soft play really bothers me...I hate it in the micro limits that I play I.E. person who has a female avatar and a feminine name often get people to dump chips when she's near the bubble...and I REALLY think it's uncalled for when there is something as signifigant as a world title is on the line.

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well...

Scotty was always one of my favorite players and it was painful for me to watch him act like an ass. BUT - acting like an ass, although annoying and insulting can actually be quite helpful to a player. Hey, truth be told, I've played the drunk ass bitch at the table before and got people tilted so much they paid me off every hand.

What bothered me about his behavior was the way he softplayed Eric in hopes of knocking Michael out. If that's not out and out cheating it's pretty damned close.

WSOP