WSOP Final Table

M

MrSwissCheese

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
My pick is Dennis Phillips. I know he got a lot of good cards to be able to get the chips to be the Chip Leader. I really hope his streak continues. I do agree that it would really suck having to wait 4 months to finish out the tourney. Besides... Im from St. Louis as well. Go Dennis. (I wonder if he will still wear his Cardinals Hat for the final table?)

Supposedly, he's going to wear it throughout the tournament, which would include the final table. Not knowing Dennis Phillips at all, but you know how supersticious poker players are :).

That being said, I'm sure he will be turning down a good chunk of money to not wear a hat for a poker site (I think he's wearing poker stars patches), but then again, I'm sure they've been trying to convince him for the last several days of the tournament. Wonder what kind of a deal he got from Broadway Trucks to continue to wear their shirts - again, I'm sure he'd be able to extract more money from Stars for one of their shirts, not just patches.

Either way about it (also being from St. Louis originally), I can't help but pull for Dennis Philips, but I don't think it's unreasonable - he's been playing great poker, jumping out of hands when he knows he's been beat and extracting every penny he can from people he's got beat. How many times do you see the wsop chip leader get cocky and lose 3/4 of their stack in a day - I can't remember who it was but the Day 3 or Day 4 chip leader (I think he was right around 800,000), ended up incredibly short stacked by the end of the day.

Just found it, it was Brian Schaedlich, he started Day 3 at 801k and ended Day 3 at 22k, and was eliminated early in Day 4. I certainly don't know because I wasn't there, but it takes a series of bad beats or bad calls to go from 800k to 22k in just a few short hours.

S

sambuca421

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The Truck Driver...he has the chips

T

trojan87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ill be rooting for chino rheem and ivan demidov. that kid montgomery is a goof and i hope hes the first player to go out. ivan demidov is solid and chino makes great reads as well as great timed aggression.

WSOP