WSOP is Celebrating it's 40th Year

TexasPokerStar

TexasPokerStar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Everyone,

This year, marks the 40th birthday of the wsop... and it sure has had a lot of great moments a long the way...

and this year, to celebrate... they are hosting a $40,000 buy-in tournament...

it's going to be pretty sick, and insane to watch... almost like the HORSE event... but am sure the pay out it's going to be a lot more... and the final table at this event might be filled with a lot of the poker pros...

am sure that everyone including the past main event winners will sign up to play at this event.

Wish I was playing on it ;-)

what's one of your favorite memories of the WSOP of all times?

Behrens900

Behrens900

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't have a favorite memory, although anything with Phil Helmuth is always fun. One time he had AX (I think) and hit the Ace on the flop, but then folded to someones AA and proceeded to tell his wife that he was supposed to lose the tournament that hand, and that he could dodge bullets. Or when he goes off on an amateur player for calling a raise preflop with Q10 or something like that. If luck wasn't involved, he'd win every time right?

Speaking of WSOP, I assume full tilt will be doing its usual WSOP pick challenge where you assemble a team of pro's or amateurs and try pick the players who win the most prize money. The top XXXX fulltilt players get enrolled in a restricted freeroll which has pretty damn good payouts. That is on top of the fact that less than half of the people end up playing in these free tournaments so its a good way to start/build your bankroll.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will have my favorite memory after this one - will be in Vegas for the entire event. :)

WSOP