WSOP 2023 Hype Thread (& upcoming AMA live stream)

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Professional Poker Player
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey CardsChat members!

Can you believe that the wsop starts at the end of this month?! I'm creating this thread for any newbies who have WSOP-related questions they'd like answered. It's also for anybody who wants to post the event they're most excited for or share their own WSOP tips. It's fun to get hyped with the community! Be sure to watch my Changes for WSOP in 2023 video and/or my WSOP Dinner Break video (where I show you some healthier options outside of Horseshoe/Paris;)) for additional info.

I'm hosting a live stream to answer poker strategy questions to help you adjust to the players at the WSOP as well. That will be on Wednesday, May 10th at 3pm on my YouTube channel.

Looking forward to answering all of your questions and getting excited for the summer together!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Awesome! I have a question for you. Living in Vegas - do you find it easier to register for your events at the WSOP - or do you register early online?

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Wow, great incentive Ashley! Using the opportunity to wish you only good luck in the forthcoming WSOP games (y)

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Awesome! I have a question for you. Living in Vegas - do you find it easier to register for your events at the WSOP - or do you register early online?
I deposit cash at the beginning of the summer into my TBIC account (what they call your WSOP account for registering at those kiosks). Once that's set up, it's MUCH easier to just buy in online (I do it from my phone). You print out your ticket at any kiosk and you're good to go. No waiting in hours of lines! You can also register late and not have a problem. I usually just buy in when I'm standing at the kiosk. Note: if you buy in late and there's a late reg line for getting a table/seat, you'll still have to wait in that.

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a reminder that this Q&A/study session is happening tomorrow! Get your questions in!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On average - what percentage of hands should we be playing in WSOP NLHE events? I know it varies based on your table, chip stacks, etc - but what is a general rule of thumb so someone would know if they are consistently way out of line?

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning to you I was wondering? What type of events are you going to be entering into in the WSOP this year and what are the goals for a great WSOP or what do you define as a great WSOP series?

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One more thing when is the next time you'll be having a live stream before you go into the WSOP streets?

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On average - what percentage of hands should we be playing in WSOP NLHE events? I know it varies based on your table, chip stacks, etc - but what is a general rule of thumb so someone would know if they are consistently way out of line?
From the button, I'm opening around 53% of hands, cut off= ~38%, hijack= ~31%... all the way to utg= ~18%. Then I'll deviate a bit based on the players at my table, particularly the players on the button and in the big blind. (I use the free Equilab download to quickly adjust ranges to calculate percentage of hands.)
Good morning to you I was wondering? What type of events are you going to be entering into in the WSOP this year and what are the goals for a great WSOP or what do you define as a great WSOP series?
I'm going to prioritize smaller field events over the massive ones this year. I want to try to keep my variance low and avoid burn out :) To me, a great WSOP means that I was able to play my best for the whole summer without getting discouraged or punting it off by the end. I'm trying something new this year where I don't have an overly packed schedule and I'm only playing events that I feel excited about. That way I'm going into it with a more relaxed mentality.
One more thing when is the next time you'll be having a live stream before you go into the WSOP streets?
I'll be doing a few live streams starting next week. (Maybe even sooner ;)) See you in the chat!
Less than 1 hour - don't miss the live stream!
3pm PST ;)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
From the button, I'm opening around 53% of hands, cut off= ~38%, hijack= ~31%... all the way to utg= ~18%. Then I'll deviate a bit based on the players at my table, particularly the players on the button and in the big blind. (I use the free Equilab download to quickly adjust ranges to calculate percentage of hands.)

I'm going to prioritize smaller field events over the massive ones this year. I want to try to keep my variance low and avoid burn out :) To me, a great WSOP means that I was able to play my best for the whole summer without getting discouraged or punting it off by the end. I'm trying something new this year where I don't have an overly packed schedule and I'm only playing events that I feel excited about. That way I'm going into it with a more relaxed mentality.

I'll be doing a few live streams starting next week. (Maybe even sooner ;)) See you in the chat!

3pm PST ;)
Oh, so I didn't miss it? :D

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dang - 6pm ET won't work for me - I am stuck in a single room with my husband and 4 dogs for the rest of this evening lol . (Getting hardwoods installed in our house). Hope it goes well!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
OH man. Read a message earlier and though it was happening when I was working. BOO. LOL I do hope Ashley does another live stream soon.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OH man. Read a message earlier and though it was happening when I was working. BOO. LOL I do hope Ashley does another live stream soon.

I hope it wasn't me who messed you up - I screwed up and thought it was ET.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello Ashley our poker lady

Your commitment is fantastic and I hope that the cosmos will be on your side with all the energy for this great event.

The question is: Do recreational players play in the WSOP???
And if so, how do you work at the table when you distinguish a recreational player???

Thanks for answering, kisses and all the luck!!!

Carlos from argentina:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Ashley our poker lady

Your commitment is fantastic and I hope that the cosmos will be on your side with all the energy for this great event.

The question is: Do recreational players play in the WSOP???
And if so, how do you work at the table when you distinguish a recreational player???

Thanks for answering, kisses and all the luck!!!

Carlos from Argentina:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
Thanks Carlos! There are lots of recreational players that play at the WSOP. It's a dream for a lot of player's to come out and experience the energy of the biggest poker series in the world :D

Thanks for the good luck wishes!

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
lovely..
I am so looking forward to this one.
I am a big fan of your videos.
GL on the felt.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great video! What if you have under $2500 buy ins? Is bravo a good option? Is that similar if you buy in online and don't turn up by level 3 do they give you your chips back? If not, are your chips in play from the start of the tourney if you use bravo even if you are late? Or do they wait till you turn up to put your chips in play? Thanks and GL

WSOP Organize a Home Poker Game