WPT All In?

GCB

GCB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been watching the World Poker Tour final table broadcasts and I see these players going "all in" and then losing the hand, yet they are not knocked out of the game.

How can you go all in and not lose all your chips?

Ozzington

Ozzington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps they have their opponents covered?

If I go all-in with 10k v a guy with 3k and lose, I've still got 7k..

OR MEBE ITZ RIGGED?!!

GCB

GCB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, that must be it. I'll have to watch again. But I could have sworn guys with shorter stacks were going all in and losing and staying in the game.

mattzan

mattzan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw this at High Stakes of Poker 2 times... they went all in. someone loose and then they play another flop turn river with the same cards, if the other guy wins they continue to play, I think this is how it works, please someone explain.

E

Ecomdan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In some pots on High Stakes Poker, usually when 2 players are all in heads up, they can decide to put out more than one flop, turn and river. It kind of gives a chance for the guy who might just be about to lose all his money to have an extra shot at sucking out. If they 'run it' twice and each player wins once they divide the pot in two and play on. If one player win both times, s/he gets the entire pot.

M

MaxiRodriguez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw this at High Stakes of Poker 2 times... they went all in. someone loose and then they play another flop turn river with the same cards, if the other guy wins they continue to play, I think this is how it works, please someone explain.

High Stakes poker is a cash game therefore player can reload if they run out of chips, its not like a tournament where when you've lost all your chips its good night.

Also If you see two players all in a casha game they sometimes agree to run a certain part ie the turn and river, or just the river, Twice. A player must win both times the river is drawn to take all the money.

As for the WPT, the only is their any chance is was a re-buy tournament? therefore the players would be able to buy back in like a cash game for the first hour. Otherwise they must have them covered. I think...