Would you rather win or learn from losing ?

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, loss is necessary for learning .
The most important thing is not to succumb to loss and profits will come with time .

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Phill helmuth in one of his moves he had a top pair on the board he played all his chips; in the interview with the reporter he explained himself by saying that he had had a great tournament, getting so far, losing by bigger pairs for him didn't make any difference because that's part of the game

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning for sure, but it's important to know how to learn from defeat.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While I prefer to win over loosing, some of my greatest lessons have come from loosing. If you cant learn from the losses you may never become a winner.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
No one should really prefer to lose and learn from that. That's just the wrong mindset. You should always have the urge to win, especially in the game of poker where participation doesn't mean anything. A lot of loses will come along anyways, so just try to learn from those, while always striving to win! :)

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Surely i want to win , than lose and learn . If you lose to much and "learn" from it , you may develop some mixed feelings for poker.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to win. If you want to learn you can learn from the winnings also. But in poker like in other aspects of life you can't win every time so you need to learn something from the loses.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
always try to win and do your best. however , learning from mistakes that cause losses may help you avoid similar problems in the future .

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how much you can really learn if you only win. I mean if I'm winning, why I'm going to make any changes in my game play. But it's almost impossible to only win in poker, so, eventually all poker players will suffer a bad streak. In my case I always study more when I'm losing, because something has to change.

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There is no victory without losing. You have to learn from your mistakes to win!

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello friend that's how it is clear that everyone likes to win but I think you learn both ways when you lose and when you also win. Bad decisions have led me to be eliminated from tournaments, it's hard, but from there I've learned to improve myself in the game. Greetings

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The objective of learning is to win. So in the given proposition, I would rather win.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you can not lose much so that you can learn first and then try to play poker this way it will be better and you can practice in free tournaments or for a small amount I think it would be right then you will learn and not lose

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I learn everyday and it is kind of tilting.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Everyone want's to win, that is why we compete in everything we do. Even at work people will put in the extra effort to impress their boss in order to get a promotion or pay rise.
It is the same with Poker, everyone will strive to be the best player and win the top prize on the day, but we do make mistakes at times and it can cost you the Tournament. Learning from those mistakes is the important part, because if you learn nothing, you will inevitably win nothing.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would rather first lose and learn then start winning than just win.

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer to win, but as a beginner, I'm losing more frequently, learning more and then going in search of victory