Would you declare bankruptcy???

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I found myself 55K down, I would quit playing poker until it was paid off. This is assuming I was earning enough money to make such a situation possible. If I was earning less than 6-figures and this happened, I'd honestly give up playing poker for good. Then, I'd worry about trying to pay off the debt. Yes, I would declare bankruptcy if there was no other solution.

The most important thing to take from this thread is to never gamble what you can't afford to lose.

B

bigjoker66

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
55k is not a lot if you play 1k/2kNL

I is a lot of money if you play $010/$0.25($25nl).

It also depends on what other assets you have and if you have any other income.

M

Mikeyyyy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
keep playing and hope your bad run of cards gets better :)

babyreid

babyreid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bankruptcy isnt the same as it used to be, you are accountable for more things than you used to be. and good luck ever getting a cent from anyone in the future after that, not that you shopuld by the sounds of it. get some freakin help.
gamblers anonomys
at least have some skill before you play for cash.

L

leavem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First thing quit poker. Second get help for your addiction. Third figure out a way to pay off the debt. Bankruptcy laws would now make you liable for much of your debt anyway. You can repair bad credit, but it is hard to repair credit after declaring bankruptcy.

fcumred

fcumred

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've got $1.32 in my Absolute account you can borrow if thats any use ?

D

DEVILRAISE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
omg! 55k?...haha I Know where this is going. ever see sweden or mexico? I suggest you do. only thing is its hard to go when your in a river with anklets on! bro your better run and quick! just the juice on your tab is going to get you a broken finger every week. bankruptcy does not apply to sharks or student loans. run forest! RUN!