would this make you furious???

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, it wouldn't. If bad beats make you furious, then that's something you really should work on.

Try these books:

The Poker Mindset, by Matt Hilger and Ian Taylor
The Tao of Poker, by Larry Phillips
Zen and the Art of Poker, by Larry Phillips
Your Worst Poker Enemy, by A. Schoonmaker

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well i mean i didnt bet like this or play the hand on tilt i was just on tilt i guess while posting this thread confused on why someone would call such a raise.

but thanks for the info of books!

KingNothing4

KingNothing4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya i think thats pretty lame ass play to play Q7 on raises like that...i didnt decide to read all of this but i would gather the only way he calls is if they r suited but even then i woulda laid them down, sorry rough play

ryaned

ryaned

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the long run you win this hand 75% of the time with these cards preflop HU...this was one of the 25%...when the wrong play is rewarded...you really want to play against this kind of player

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the long run you win this hand 75% of the time with these cards preflop HU...this was one of the 25%...when the wrong play is rewarded...you really want to play against this kind of player

yeah thats what i usually go at tooo..that i basically want his call and will win like you say 75% of the time

V

VassagoRox

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
donks are everywhere man...his call terrible but your raise also suspicious .. underestimate your hands strenght this kind a situations... top pair top kicker is not enough to go all-in on the flop...if i were you i checked to him and if he bets i folded it cause his call is so suspicious..he could have QQ or something .. still not enough info whats his stack his style your table image etc..

x_Tac_x

x_Tac_x

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Q 7

Q7 is the computer hand. These 2 cards will hit the flop more times than any other. Acording to a computer anyway, hense the name.:D
Dont you just love poker.:)

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you bet the farm on nothing more than a pair (and a decent kicker), tell the wife to keep the boxes packed. You'll be moving frequently.

You say you play tight aggressive, but switch it up. Loose aggressive (as I think this was) easily turns into lose aggressive. Better luck next time.

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This whole hand makes me sad :(

Facing a 4x BB raise and a cold call PF you can't reraise surely with only AQo (lets not forget - its a drawing hand) call and take a flop i think or perhaps smaller reraise if you take into account you're playing a $1 tourn and ppl could be raising with trash like Q7 or something.. I guess you would have lost most if not all of your money on the flop anyway depending on how it played out lol :eek:

top pair top kicker is not enough to go all-in on the flop...

This is exactly the flop he was looking for: Q-blank-blank and the pot is bigger than scrabble's stack anyway so it would be a ridiculous lay-down.