worst blowup ever?

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just an dumb play. Just fold and ride to rhe 9.

K

KetchupFreak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst ive seen was probably a few years ago at wsop main event. it involved lisandro and another well known players whose name escapes me (possibly shiekan) at the moment. One player accused the other of stealing another players chip and placing it as their big blind and all hell broke loose. Couldnt find the video on youtube.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was pretty bad, but I think Scotty's bust on a dumb all-in bluff a couple years ago when he went out 11th was worse.

At least Scotty admits his mistake and says he got emotional and tilted in the interview. I felt bad for that guy. He honestly wanted to cry in front of the tv but held himself together. But hey, he came back the following year and won WSOP 2008 HORSE event, although he was being a dick that time.

Anyone can make mistake. But this Kopp kid or whatever this punk is, is a loser. Did you guys hear Kopp's interview. Kopp says that he predicted that Moon might have higher flush but shoved for Moon to fold by repping a full house since the board paired. He said he was seeking fold equity. Kopp is pathetic. He doesn't admit his own mistake.

Tough call for Moon. He only worried about Ace high flush. I doubt Moon put Kopp on a full house.

I am glad shover is criticized for horrible play instead of caller.

F

fulltiltpackers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Chances are, in my opinion, that he would have checked if he hit a set on the flop OR hit an ace high flush on the flop, and bet if he had an ace high flush DRAW. The reason I say this is because if he hit the flush or the set he is going to want Moon to stick around, therefore not bet. If he had a draw, he wouldn't mind taking a stab at the pot because he would have out's even if Moon called. The turn shouldn't have changed anything at all in Moon's mind, the way Kopp played the flop. I think the only hand that really even made sense for Kopp to have may have been K9? I don't think it was really that bad of a meltdown at all though. If I were in his position I probably would have thought I had the best hand. It's unlikely that Moon would have flopped better than a flush, but, he did. As you see at the final table, for the most part, Moon seems like he makes a lot of key calls when many other players would fold in fear of having the worst hand.

L

leon818

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
worder if that was a live game or online. If live then definaly a good call as the chance of losing was pretty low. Eventho if online i would properly do the same, but the chace of losing will increase drastically

ciukster

ciukster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was actually an amazing call from darvin. With kopp raising from that position it was possible for him to make the full house with that second duece on the board. I would of put kopp on a big hand like 99 or KK with that shove.

great call by darvin

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was no reason for Moon to think Kopp had a Full House, why would anyone push with the nuts on the turn?? Maybe a re-raise, or a smooth call, no reason to push in that situation unless you wanted to end it there - he basically told Moon that he had a small flush or had a pair and was drawing to either a boat or bigger flush. No brainer call by Moon, totally donk/ poor play by Kopp.

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just terrible play by kopp. im sorry, but why are you tangling with the big stack with a 5 high flush? hope he got a picture of the final table... he wont be seeing it again me thinks.

D

dan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some of the worst play ever by most of them I think it rubbed off on him

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The one blow up I can think of to rival this was the 2007 WSOP Final talbe where Philip Hilm started the final table with a healthy stack and ended up pushing all in on a flush draw with only the river to come. Jerry Yang called and won the hand. Hilm ended up going out 8th or 9th when he easily could of cruised to top 4 or so with his starting stack.

R

ronmcntr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow is all I have to say. Once he got check raised on the turn I think he should have put it together and got a good read...
Do you really think moon was gonna check and then raise him with 2 pair and an obvious flush draw on the board?