Won a 2650$ Venom ticket on Twitter But...

drubas

drubas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dear colleagues,

I won a 2650$ ticket on Twitter a few weeks ago but unfortunately I forgot to log in in-time. It was a team pro who made the respective prize game on Twitch. I did miss the moment the winner was chosen (Twitter account name). The next day he announced that the respective player won the ticket on Twitter and added the information that the player should answer with his account name within the next 24 hours; otherwise there would be redraw.

I missed this information and read the message two days after he announced the winner.

Now there is a redraw but nevertheless I would like to ask whether it is not legally correct to announce such a short period directly after the drawing. Such details (24 hours) should be stated beforehand and not afterwards.

What´s your opinion about that?

Greets

cris1964

cris1964

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dear colleagues,

I won a 2650$ ticket on Twitter a few weeks ago but unfortunately I forgot to log in in-time. It was a team pro who made the respective prize game on Twitch. I did miss the moment the winner was chosen (Twitter account name). The next day he announced that the respective player won the ticket on Twitter and added the information that the player should answer with his account name within the next 24 hours; otherwise there would be redraw.

I missed this information and read the message two days after he announced the winner.

Now there is a redraw but nevertheless I would like to ask whether it is not legally correct to announce such a short period directly after the drawing. Such details (24 hours) should be stated beforehand and not afterwards.

What´s your opinion about that?

Greets

I think, however, that this is your fault and the rest are derived from the bad understanding of the game rules, I think that they will prove to you how you return to the appropriate forums with such a query

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such lotteries do not bear any legal force, because you do not enter into any contracts and do not sign anything. Anyone who arranges lotteries on the Internet is not legally obliged to give winnings. The only thing left for you is to hope for the chesnost of the organizer.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think 24hrs is a long time considering we live in an age when the average person has their phone with them all the time and receives notifications within minutes of any information like twitter notifications/mentions.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think 24hrs is a long time considering we live in an age when the average person has their phone with them all the time and receives notifications within minutes of any information like twitter notifications/mentions.

I think the same as the friend ....

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is horrible news actually, i don't think also that you can change anything sir

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It sucks honestly that you didnt notice it on time, but i also do think 24 hours it not very much time, atleast 3 days or 72 hours should be decent amount of time or a person to respond, not everyone is online 24hours a day and is checking twitter or twitch at all times, but yeah dont think theres anything you can do sadly.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in what room? do you get it or still not?, the prizes i won in pokerstars, get charged with no problem.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Such lotteries do not bear any legal force, because you do not enter into any contracts and do not sign anything. Anyone who arranges lotteries on the Internet is not legally obliged to give winnings. The only thing left for you is to hope for the chesnost of the organizer.

I absolutely agree with you, I affirm this as a lawyer.
Just honesty and nobility of the organizer.

500hpawd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I agree totally, If youve entered then you know when it will be drawn and when you need to check to see who won. It does suck but theres really nothing you can do. Sorry you missed it but I think it was only fair to redraw when you didnt respond during the time period specified.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If everything was posted before the event and all trms were stated it seems fair. If wasn't posted prior to the event, might have some recourse.