Wish me Luck

D

DukeDrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alon, I guess we'll just disagree. I think Jesus doing it is classic; here's a guy that can play $5k/$10k hands and he starts off playing pennies against people who are probably watching him on TV while they play. C'mon, you know you've tried to throw cards like he does!

I think normal people playing pennies to establish a bankroll is more for the story value than it is for the challenge. For me, winning money from a newbie that just deposited his allowance is not satisfying... I really believe you get better by playing against better people, and I just don't see that happening at the .01/.02 level. I'd much rather lose $50 to someone on this board while improving my game than make $40 over a week trolling the kiddie pools. Just my .02 (pardon the pun).

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I appreciate what you are saying Duke, and to tell the truth if I had a bit more spare change I would redeposit but at the moment I can't.
I just was wondering what style of games others would play if they were in the same situation of having such a small BR. Just as I though the views were a varied as the people we have here.

Starting bankroll : $4.02

I chose to play $1 h2h matches and after winning the first one (almost giving me enough to join $5 Sat. tourney, I lost the next 2 or 3 (can't remember, doesn't matter really) and dropped to a mere .02c
Then I received an entry into the $1000 winners freeroll today and finished 25th for $5.

Ending balance $5.02 ......now if I can only make .48c , I'll be able to join a game tommorow.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Rule #1 Whatever a poker player wants to do with his own money is up to him. Having said that if you are looking to improve as a poker player I don't see how you are going to accomplish that at 1 & 2 cent ring games. Getting sucked out by donks who don't even know they are making bad plays helps how? As a challange building your bankroll up this way is fine but I still think you are playing way below your skill level. Either way enjoy & hope to seee you at the tables soon.

J

jolee888

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is what I did

I went down to $2.00. I played at the .02 tables until I got

to $5.00. When I reached 5 dollars I went to the .05 tables

and stayed there till I got back to $20.00. It takes a while

Good Luck

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should build your bankroll from near nothing at least once, im sure. probably teaches you something ;/. deposited $20 at titan last week and am flirting with $100 atm. playing maybe 30 minutes a day after work and using the 10% bankroll management system and it works well for me. good luck ;)