win percentages

D

diesel54304

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone. I just have a quick question. What would be considered a good win percentage for overall hands. My percentage right now is at 16%. Consider that I play at usually 9 or 10 person tables. I usually play a tight aggressive game depending on the stakes and my bankroll or chip level. But, I do tend to open up my game more on freerolls because of the "no-risk" factor. My showdown win % is at around 68%. I think this is a little low going into the showdown, but honestly don't know. Any help or opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!!

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure what you mean by win percentage for overall hands, but W$whenSawFlop should probably be around 40%.

65% w$sd is probably a little HIGH actually, and indicates you are playing too tight, only going to the river w very strong hands. You are probably not getting value from your magrinal holdings that are good on the end. Around 50% or slightly under is about right.

Here is an article you might find interesting. I question a few of his numbers, however: even in the 90% you can't sustain 66.7bb/100 or 100% showdown win, and 17%vp$ip is a little tight for NL, as well as 7.5% raise being a little low.