nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello poker lovers!
The rank of the first card was occupied by an ace. Now poker is the only game where the ace can play two roles. He is the highest card and the lowest card. Do you know why this happened?

Such rules were introduced by the French under the slogan: "The last will be the first." This happened after the revolution. At that time, the ace was considered the lowest card, but it was made the highest card. The ace has become stronger than the king. That is why we do not have card [1] in the deck. Once the Ace was the first card)

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is interesting information. Thank you.
I paid attention to this feature sometimes too. However, if I understand correctly, the ace cannot be the low card in a 6+ deck.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting story. I didn't know that. I always learn something new.

jrportes21

jrportes21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
interesting to know that, I would never have stopped to think about it.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello poker lovers!
The rank of the first card was occupied by an ace. Now poker is the only game where the ace can play two roles. He is the highest card and the lowest card. Do you know why this happened?

Such rules were introduced by the French under the slogan: "The last will be the first." This happened after the revolution. At that time, the ace was considered the lowest card, but it was made the highest card. The ace has become stronger than the king. That is why we do not have card [1] in the deck. Once the Ace was the first card)
Interesting, I didn't know this story.

Thanks for sharing.

P

PointedTip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Must have been tough to be a French cowboy....

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I never wondered why there is no 1 in the card game:))

leoniq888

leoniq888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not only in poker, an ace ranks as both the highest and lowest card. In blackjack, an ace is both a 1 and an 11.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ace works twice as hard as the rest of the cards or it suffers from schizophrenia. Either way, it is number one.

Giancarlomen

Giancarlomen

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Nice! Tks for share! I hate when I have a straight A-5 and someone has 2-6! A-5 should wins against 2-6! Weird !

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Why not make the Ace a full wild card to be used anywhere in the deck.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 1 doesn't exist in the deck because the A has the max and min functions at the same time. In poker, the A card has the function of making the player hopeful with joy and at the same time apprehensive. Depending on the development of the opening of the hands, anything can happen. The turn to defeat or victory. In this sense, the A card has the power to be responsible and to be the highest or lowest card, but it all depends on the cards that accompany it.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
cool didn't know now I'll know the cool story was also the same joker card what does this card mean