Why are people slow-rolling with AA?

J

Jack Sky

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah! I think that's really profitable, but you can open a lot of draws to your opponent!

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not talking about slow playing. I'm talking about when a player deliberately takes forever to call your all-in bet when he has aces and knows he is going to call. That's what is meant by slow-rolling. I'm not talking about the fake tanking when you are going to raise and you are trying to induce your opponent to call. I'm talking about when there is only one player left to act, he has aces, you've gone all-in, he knows he is going to call, and he intentionally lets his bonus time clock wind for a long time before he calls.

P

Petycash

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Multi-Table

I would hope they were playing in too many games and just slow to respond, but I'm probably wrong.

Talden

Talden

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol Tee I've actually slow rolled several people. Every time I've done it I was either chasing a grandkid, seeing what wife wanted when she hollered for me, or went for a quick pee and.just barely got back before bank expired and I had a good hand. But what I hate worse than slow rolling someone like that, is when I get back and see AA folded. It has happened several times. Lol . Have a good one.

C

cormask

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah have had this done to me a good few times. it hurts
i asked a player why he did that few weeks ago and he said sorry cause he was multi-table. id say a few people that slow roll you are on another screen. maybe some players assume because they have the nuts pre-flop that they will win the hand and want to taunt you.

M

MikeTheEngr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time I slow roll AA, it comes back to haunt me. :(

S

SyCo

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe they want to think you that they have nothing and let you raise, they simply call then...
More to earn for they then.

gustavo2104

gustavo2104

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
like 50-75% of the posters in this thread have no idea what we're talking about.

...it's kinda cute.

I think that describes two different situations, "All-in pre-flop..." perhaps was playing at multiple tables at once, or he absented himself for a moment. The other: "...The same dude got AA..." In my opinion, "strategy" of slow play. Or probably I not understand, anything is possible :D

tbnldashik

tbnldashik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you go all-in with AA and everything just dropping. Raise and all fold. Coincidence? I don't think )

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been slow-rolled many times by players who think they are something special. Most of the time it does not cost me all my chips. Late in the tournament the slow-roller is on the rail and I am still playing! :) Slow-rolling gives you no extra advantage by eating the clock.

A

antonio4c

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what we want is to have a big pot and you know you have many chances to win

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some trolls just think this is funny to do, it's a shame forum members choose to do this but it shows you their level of class.

6a6yJIbkO_o

6a6yJIbkO_o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having on hand AA, I usually do raise 3-3,7bb, to avoid unexpected situations when opponents collect two couples or a set on a flop. The safest way to force opponents with bad cards to throw out cards. And players with average couples and Ahi usually come into game. I consider these actions as more plus than call with AA

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must raise pre-flop with A A. Too many bad stuff can happen' for you on the flop.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have encountered the same slow roll with AA on ACR and it's ridiculous IMO. First, it's a slap in the face. Second, the hand is often counterfeited by a suck out so you end up losing and looking stupid. It's always the players that call any preflop raise or all in. Clearly it's intended to be an insult. Obv the person is way behind and the last hand they wanna see is aces with there tournament life on the line. Slow rolling just adds insult to injury.

mrDredlexa

mrDredlexa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slouroll AA - a great opportunity to give your opponent to catch the nuts