john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play poker primarily because I enjoy playing poker. Poker is like a parallel reality for me, like an antidepressant. Poker gives me hope for a better life than the one I have now! :unsure:

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play it for fun, to distract myself and to win money as well

rsparente

rsparente

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
To win a big tournament and make at least once, lots of money with it. Also to distract from daily duties.

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It exist many reason to play poker. For me it changes from time to time. My girlfriend would say im addicted. Maybe a little bit from these opinion is true, sometimes more sometimes less. In the past i do a lot of sport and there i has these challenge feeling and the competition against other teams. I ll be missing these feeling. And in poker i could have it. It also the thing you could learn about life. Control your emotion, control your bankroll. And you keep the learning in poker to the real life.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Playing poker helps me keep my mind sharp, win some money and has freed me from another addiction.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play for fun. Poker is a great activity in your free time and a good distraction from boring everyday tasks :)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I only ever play for Fun, Money I can make without the need for gambling, in fact you usually have more problems when you do choose to Gamble, because it can become a problem in itself, As for becoming a Professional, Not in my Future, at my Age, I have already worked hard enough during my Life, and I have earned the right to relax and live off my investments and Pensions, I never intend to work that hard ever again.

Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Play to learn, socialize, and most importantly, make money

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mostly play for fun, but also I play as a way to just relax and sit back. I love the waiting game in poker, the patience, the anticipation and everything. Its more than just simple sheer fun for me.

NSX_Amfe2nat

NSX_Amfe2nat

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Biggest emotional damage to me but i am crazy so it is funny

kabokinha

kabokinha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
If I answered all of the options above, would it be a monotonous answer? The beauty of poker is precisely that, there are many things that can attract and in my specific case it is all these issues. It's fun, it makes money, it makes me forget my problems and I also intend to become a professional player.

2Deep

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
- You just play for fun.

- To earn a lot of money.

- To distract yourself from problems.

- To become a professional player.

After all, why do you play poker?
I have was diagnosed with leukemia earlier this year and have gone through 8 months of chemo therapy. Good news, I am in remission but the life saving treatment has left my body in rough shape and can not currently work. I find I have a lot of free time now and have turned to poker to help pass the time while my body is recovering at a slow pace. The most benefits I have found with poker is that it is helping my chemo brain.

L

luk0123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Some time ago I played justfor fun. I didn't think about developing my skills, winning money, it was just a pastime. Right nów I am trying to become professional player. A dream would be to play EPT.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Very good answers, I read them all.

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I actually play for fun, and to earn money. I believe I can do both.