why do people say jamie gold is bad at poker

M

MaDaMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You guys are all stuck on the fact that he said Top top and some of you say it happened after the money went in but watch the video again and look at Jamie Golds reaction right as the flop comes out he looks directly at the guy and shakes his head trying to tell him not to bet an that he had it..
Heres the full video of the one above so you can see the head shaking: 0:03-0:04

You're right. Didn't notice the head shaking saying no :)

MiamiMadePunk

MiamiMadePunk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't open CardsChat for a year, come back and first thread I see is about Jamie Gold....

See you in another year everyone

tumblr_lp2risN5Ct1qd0xduo1_500.gif

R

RickAversion

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You guys are all stuck on the fact that he said Top top and some of you say it happened after the money went in but watch the video again and look at Jamie Golds reaction right as the flop comes out he looks directly at the guy and shakes his head trying to tell him not to bet an that he had it..
Heres the full video of the one above so you can see the head shaking: 0:03-0:04
Jamie Gold - Top/Top - YouTube

Can someone explain what this "top top" thing is all about?
Why does it matter who said what?
Guy went all in, and Gold called.
What does "top top" have to do with anything?
What is the controversy??

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

I remember this thread! It was around when I first started on CC lol.

Jamie Gold said I have top top and the other guy went "me too" and after he called Jamie was upset he was ahead and says "I wouldn't of called I thought you had top top" implying that they were colluding together..

Jamie Gold was bad for TV poker IMO because of all the "can't talk Jamie gold rules"

hashtag

hashtag

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Look at the head shake and Golds eyes at the start of the video. Doesn't look good. In fact, what he says and how he says it is completely inappropriate. I would not be impressed if I saw that kind of thing at a tournament I was playing in. Are there seriously people who don't see anything wrong with this?

Gold is terrible; An embarrassment to poker. "That's what you get for calling with jacks" - what kind of ahole says that? Really. Just an arrogant unlikeable person.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love sheeps they say baaaa and are fuzzy.

R

RickAversion

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gold is terrible; An embarrassment to poker. "That's what you get for calling with jacks" - what kind of ahole says that? Really. Just an arrogant unlikeable person.

Well, right after he did say "He made a great call"

R

RickAversion

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand the sequence:
1) Kort goes all in

2) Gold says "I have Top/top"

3) Kort says "me too"

4) Gold reluctantly calls.

5) Then Gold starts to complain "oh, you said top/top"
Kort never said "top/top".
I thought you said we were "chop/chop" (Kort never said anything during this hand!)

That quick widening of Gold's eyes at 0:34 is VERY incriminating.
But of what?

J

jodyjoPanicKid

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he gets a bad rap due to the hot streak, that he got on in the World Series. His chip stack was huge and he was winning every hand. He played a lot of hands too. I agree with you, he is a competent player for sure, but people fault him for getting a hot streak.

Stevepdx

Stevepdx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jamie Gold - Top/Top - YouTube

Oh wow. OK I hate Jamie.

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
He may be bad but for me he was a large part of why High Stakes season 4 was the best season

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Umm...

"Oh you said 'top/top!' I wouldn't have called you..."

He's clearly saying that he would have folded if he knew he was ahead, which is clear cut collusion.

Not to mention the most shady head-shake I've ever seen at a poker table...

:eek: