Why aren't women more successful in poker?

A

absolutebeginner

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm way too unlucky all the time to be successful in online poker. I win home games most of the time, where if I have the best hand pre or before the river the percentages hold up and percentage of being rivered is normal too, but online I'm amazed, I'm so deeply unlucky. It seems the worst hands always win in low stakes anyway

A

absolutebeginner

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Victoria Coren is the only player to have won 2 epts so we can do it though.

TakinOver

TakinOver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only answer would be instinct. Man was born to protect women and we got the killer instinct. Plus there are not enough women playing to really compare. My 2 crazy cents. :cool:

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only answer would be instinct. Man was born to protect women and we got the killer instinct. Plus there are not enough women playing to really compare. My 2 crazy cents. :cool:

have you never heard of women's intuition? there's no science behind it, but it's about as great of an argument as "men have killer instinct"

I recently made a gangster call with Ace Hi on the river in a large live MTT for my tourney life. on a Q7973 rainbow board. Villain made a pot sized bet that put me all in on the river, and I just knew he was full of shit...but I tanked because it's hard to call off your tourney life with just Ace high. I finally called and he showed JT for a busted straight draw and I doubled up. the entire table was in awe and asked me questions about the hand for about 10 mins and on break....how could I make that call? they wanted to know.... I answered "women's intuition" which, at the time I thought was just a cheeky answer because I didn't want to tell them my actual thinking on the hand....but it got me to wondering.....how much of my read was based on reliable information like bet sizing and board texture, and how much of my read was based on my "gut" or "intuition?" I'd say in that spot intuition was at least 20% of my read.

While men may have developed a "killer instinct" over the centuries, women have also developed a bullshit detector, and a "danger" detector. Hasn't your mom ever busted you in a lie and you have no idea how she knew you were lying?

just an example.

Last edited:
R

Retina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, in the world of poker is very rare to find a female player. But if you still meet, it's very nice. You can not just have a good time, but also to meet and find a nice company.

Olgert1992

Olgert1992

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Women are not bad to . For example Coren Viki 2 is multiple champion ЕПТ.

UhhWee

UhhWee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vanessa Selbst is a really sucessfull female poker player but sometimes it seems she acts more like a man.
A agree kcanuck

Olgert1992

Olgert1992

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vanessa Selbst is a really sucessfull female poker player but sometimes it seems she acts more like a man.
A agree kcanuck

To me Vanessa remind a man. Mainly for her aggression at the table.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think such results becauce of a small percentage of women in poker, if there would be more women than men maybe results would be anouther))

Himanshu

Himanshu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it will stay the same women crushing men in almost every walk of life poker maybe the next thing they chose to run us over.

A

avner

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
same reason why there are less women on sport, poker is a kind of competition , natuarely goes with men, eventhough i like to play with women

M

MPaz_87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
same reason why there are less women on sport, poker is a kind of competition , natuarely goes with men, eventhough i like to play with women

That's crap, it doesn't naturally goes with men. That's sexist and so male chauvinist.

D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's crap, it doesn't naturally goes with men. That's sexist and so male chauvinist.
Lol this is proven.. Has something to do with what men have called.... Hmmm I believe testorene.. Usually girls don't have this I believe at-least most

nastena2992

nastena2992

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Men gambling than women! So I would not risk it, men being more risky than women

M

MPaz_87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol this is proven.. Has something to do with what men have called.... Hmmm I believe testorene.. Usually girls don't have this I believe at-least most

Really? Proven? For you I guess lol. Call it wathever you like, there are more men than women in poker off course, because it was a men's game, nowadays it's not.

D

Disaster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not very scientific, but in my experience a lot of tilting after losing a bad hand in tourney almost always leading to ko regardless of previous play. A few solid players...just very prone to tilting.

D

Disaster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think women are less competitive than men...at least not in my neck of the woods.

limpnfold88

limpnfold88

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Cos I was controlling the pot, he could have had KT, I did not like that 10 on the flop and the rodent could of had 78 and had the nuts on the flop, I didn't even have TPTK. K3o made me LOL :D

You actually had kings up lol

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think women focus more on the actual cards and men tend to "play the players", but that is just my observation.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
men love risk. more risk but also more win

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Representatives of the fair sex not only decorate the surrounding space, but with their successful party they can trance even the harsh fathers of the game of poker.
The success of a woman in poker is based on three pillars: intelligence, observation and the desire to get rich. In the end, many men think: no, she is too emotional and sweet to win this hand from me! But how bitterly they cry then about the lost chips!
Needless to say: the days when a woman in poker was a black sheep turned into a gray-haired old times.

Female deception knows no measure!

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are not worse players, just there is a small amount of women in poker, thats all