Why am I so happy for Layne Flack and David Benyamine?

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's nuts. Every time one of the pros wins a bracelet I get all happy. I don't know these people so why am I so happy???

Maybe it's a weird sort of a subconscious thing. I mean the wsop is supposed to reward the world's greatest players, and so maybe just maybe, I'm heaving a sigh of relief because it feels like things are getting back to their natural order. Or maybe it just kinda feels like I know these people only because I'm so used to seeing them on t.v., youtube, and pokertube.

I dunno...

Anyway, still happy for Layne and David. Rooting for a few more pros and the POY leaderboard's getting really interesting. Before it was kinda boring, not much jostling for position, but now... There seems to be a new player at the top every day.

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should join full tilt's fantasy league.:):):) It's not to late.

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought there was only one WSOP event but i was wrong. It doesnt look that special anymore with loads of WSOP event's now. Still tho i wanna b in it to try win it. But im too crap right now >:p

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not too late for the fantasy poker??? Oh well, most of my picks have already won...

ukaliks The Main Event is called that because there are other events. That's part of what makes someone winning the big one so special, but of course all that filthy lucre doesn't hurt. MMm filthy lucre...

I just digressed. Back on track I'll check out fantasy poker MrMuckets. I never played any kind of fantasy "sport" before so haven't the foggiest how to go about it.

K

khicks26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good for layne. he seems like a good guy. and hes on my fantasy poker team

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I won a hat (and am in two freerolls so far).

*raises eyebrows*

Nice. Haven't won any actual prizes so far, but I've got entry in six or seven freerolls. Only been able to play in one so far though, b/c they're on while I'm at work :eek:

The one I did play had an uber-flat payout structure though, so cashing isn't too hard: 1100-odd runners, and it paid down to 360th.

As for the OP - I dont' think it's any more strange than being happy when your favourite football / basketball / whatever team wins. And in the case of poker, I guess every time a pro wins it's reinforcing the fact that poker's not just luck and if we really apply ourselves and work hard, maybe one day we too could buy a bracelet in the $5K deuce-seven with rebuys :D

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also haven't won a hat yet, but will be playing in atleast 4 freerolls. I guess full tilt doesn't have 2-7 triple draw cause tonight's tourney is limit razz.

Too bad the freerolls are like 4 am finland time, but I am on holiday so its okay and I am loaded up with energy drink.

I like the payouts for the freerolls as 'in the money' players will be getting a few bucks instead of like 62 cents.

It would be awsome to get into the top 2000 in either ME or 50k HORSE as there is more money for grabs.

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whre do u win these hat's at? I want one.

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You pick 15 players from a list you expect to make it to the money in each event. 5 A players 5 B and 5 C, your A players triple their money won, B players double and C players single. You have to be in the top 50 money winners to get a hat, although it says top 100. Top 2000 in each event qualify for the $2k freerolls yet only around a 1000 seem to sign up for them. Qualified for 4 so far.

Merlin333

Merlin333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found myself "happy" at the news of bracelets for some of the pros I have become familiar with from TV games too. I don't personally know any of the named pros, but from what I see the vast majority of them seem to be people who not only have skill but class as well.

It makes you wonder why there are so many amateurs who seem to use playing poker as a forum for negative "stuff", while the guys who play the most, win and sometimes lose the most don't.

Merlin333:cool:

C

chainfire98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
David, as i can ascertain from tv, seems like a good guy. An underdog versus the other well seasoned pro's. Happy to see him win.

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Underdog? Underdog??? In the very first WPT I ever watched(just didn't realize poker would or could be on of all things, The Travel Channel), David Benyamine finished 1st in a tournament that's no longer on the WPT due to some silly French laws(but I'm in the US where we have silly laws too). Anyway, he finished 1st in the 2003 Grand Prix de Paris. He was surrounded by a tough field and came out on top...

Now he still does very well. I can't fathom how he's an underdog. He's doing well and seems to get respect from his peers as well as the public(save for occasional jokes about his waistline).

Oh and I only remember that one win because like I said it was the very first time I ever saw a WPT event(televised still counts), and it was the first time I saw someone bet in the dark too. As I recall it was Mr. Gambly, Erick Lindgren who did that. I thought it was a very strange thing to do at the time.

C

chainfire98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Underdog? Underdog??? In the very first WPT I ever watched(just didn't realize poker would or could be on of all things, The Travel Channel), David Benyamine finished 1st in a tournament that's no longer on the WPT due to some silly French laws(but I'm in the US where we have silly laws too). Anyway, he finished 1st in the 2003 Grand Prix de Paris. He was surrounded by a tough field and came out on top...

Now he still does very well. I can't fathom how he's an underdog. He's doing well and seems to get respect from his peers as well as the public(save for occasional jokes about his waistline).

Oh and I only remember that one win because like I said it was the very first time I ever saw a WPT event(televised still counts), and it was the first time I saw someone bet in the dark too. As I recall it was Mr. Gambly, Erick Lindgren who did that. I thought it was a very strange thing to do at the time.

I meant he may be considered an underdog versus Phil, Ivery, Daniel etc.

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I meant he may be considered an underdog versus Phil, Ivery, Daniel etc.

Why is that? He has been taking money off the best online and live players for years. Also he has had some good tournament finishes.

I do know that he likes people thinking that he is a fish, but really he is just on par with the best of them.

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who da hell's Ivery? Which Phil?

Anyway, what flint said.

BTW he regularly beats the crap out of Phil Ivey online.

H

hennyville2000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Back to Back Flack and David Benyamine are both top notch players and great for the game. I have always enjoyed watching Flack on tv and hope his bracelet winning outing was taped by espn and will air soon. There should be some great episodes coming up for us to watch from the 08 wsop.