Baurzhan11

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
hello chat today's topic :unsure::unsure::unsure:

yesterday I played poker for money, not a big bank, but I played like a fool, I lost everything, even in freerolls I don’t play like that, I made a lot of mistakes and realized that when I was tired, it’s better not to play, it was my mistake don’t repeat mine mistakes do not play in the wrong state

Last edited:
Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you're not serious because you're not in the mood to play you play just to play and you have to play to win when you have such thoughts, you should play others, it's better to go do other things

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good advice, if you get bored with the game, it's better to just stop playing than to lose money.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing poker, it is important to be in a good mental state, because in a bad mental state, one bad move can lead to another bad move and it is difficult to stop on the downhill.
In such cases, it is better if someone chooses rest and mental development instead of playing.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tired, drunk, may be fun to play poker, but 99% of the time you'll be a happy looser. So if you want to make money, play at your best

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Generally when I start a game, if I find myself inattentive & not trying to learn something about my opponents that is my trigger to shut it down after that game.

Gabe_7

Gabe_7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Totally get you.

Managed to qualify for the Sunday Million (with 109$ buy-in) last week through a satellite. The qualifying process was somehow exhausting and afterwards we were put directly into the target tournament without a break. Additionally I only slept like 3-4 hours the last few nights before Sunday, so I was very tired, too, only kept alive by coffee. :coffee:

Then, at first it went down pretty well, managed to elevate my stack by 50 percent with some well played hands.
Went up against the chip-leader from middle position with J-K off-suit, I raised pre-flop, he called, everybody else folded.
My stack was at about 82 thousand, his at like 130 thousand. He was either at small blind or big blind, I don't quite remember.
So, the flop puts out 10-Q-J, different colors, no flush draw, cool. He bets like 5 thousand, I call.
On the turn a 6, he bets again like 8 thousand chips, I call.
The river - K of course. He puts me all-in, like 69 thousand.
The king laughs at my face, I'm like "HELL YEAH - two pair". Before this hand he had bluffed a few times and lost some chips, so I was like "I got you now".
And because I wasn't concentrating and thinking right (since tired), I just ignored the things he could have and were good enough to beat me, just felt invincible with my ridiculous two pair.
Only any cheap ACE or a 9 needed, K-Q, pocket 6s, 10s, Js, Qs, Ks. Of course I called, of course he had an A.

Like you said before - I would normally never call in this situation - not even in a freeroll, considering the betting pattern he had before and since I only had a J until the river. Maybe for like 10-20 thousand, leaving me with 50, okay. But I would never risk my tournament life for that.

So to make a long story short (I know, too late for that 😅) - playing tired and exhausted is never a good idea, because your judgement is impaired and you will NEVER make any good decisions in that mental state in a long run.
Interestingly, I saw a video of a poker pro giving tips for winning, in which he describes how important stress-reduction is (according to him) for success in poker. He says that he works out every morning, eats healthy and sleeps about 8 hours at night. When on break, he does a little meditation or stuff like that, to calm himself down and get into a more relaxed mental state, so that he can think clearly and make better decisions again.
I would agree that the best way to play poker is with a sufficiently rested mind.

It is definitely better to let it go in such situations and to get some rest, when you're tired. Which is what I'm going to do now, too.

So, I hope you are relaxed enough the next time you play for money (and that you have a bit of luck, too 😉).

See all of you guys at the tables, the best of luck to y'all 🍀

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I treat poker as a hobby and I always play only freerolls

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Many of us are in the situation you described. I make the same mistakes too, I'm tired, I know I can't stay long at the game table, but I still make the mistake of signing up to play a tournament before going to bed, and that's because of the habit of playing poker, a mistake that pays off of course!

pansipos

pansipos

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips

yesterday I played poker for money, not a big bank, but I played like a fool, I lost everything, even in freerolls I don’t play like that, I made a lot of mistakes and realized that when I was tired, it’s better not to play, it was my mistake don’t repeat mine mistakes do not play in the wrong state
it is not always possible to play poker in calm conditions. However, when I play, poker takes me with me. I don't play with big money so I don't become addicted to it, but often after I'm out of a game, I stay in and watch the hands. I can really enjoy this too.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Finance can be the category that takes the first hit when you get into gambling problems. The inability to stop and win nothing means that you need to invest more money. It's only a matter of time before you start taking money that should have been used for other purposes. Players often take out loans, miss payments on their home, or even sell property to acquire funds.However, as soon as you lost your chosen amount, you realized that you wanted to continue playing. It all started with the fact that we took a tiny portion of funds that are important to you. Before you know it, you are losing your entire paycheck or savings. The inability to control your losses is a sign of a gaming problem and a problem that can ruin your life.Hopelessness is the last and most dangerous stage. The player feels that they are isolated from the whole world. The player experiences a feeling of "tiredness" and lack of desire to do anything, including gambling.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
probably because you only sat down at the table to play for fun and didn't take it seriously, so you lost. If you sat down at the table with a serious attitude, you played differently, making fewer mistakes.

Baurzhan11

Baurzhan11

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Totally get you.

Managed to qualify for the Sunday Million (with 109$ buy-in) last week through a satellite. The qualifying process was somehow exhausting and afterwards we were put directly into the target tournament without a break. Additionally I only slept like 3-4 hours the last few nights before Sunday, so I was very tired, too, only kept alive by coffee. :coffee:

Then, at first it went down pretty well, managed to elevate my stack by 50 percent with some well played hands.
Went up against the chip-leader from middle position with J-K off-suit, I raised pre-flop, he called, everybody else folded.
My stack was at about 82 thousand, his at like 130 thousand. He was either at small blind or big blind, I don't quite remember.
So, the flop puts out 10-Q-J, different colors, no flush draw, cool. He bets like 5 thousand, I call.
On the turn a 6, he bets again like 8 thousand chips, I call.
The river - K of course. He puts me all-in, like 69 thousand.
The king laughs at my face, I'm like "HELL YEAH - two pair". Before this hand he had bluffed a few times and lost some chips, so I was like "I got you now".
And because I wasn't concentrating and thinking right (since tired), I just ignored the things he could have and were good enough to beat me, just felt invincible with my ridiculous two pair.
Only any cheap ACE or a 9 needed, K-Q, pocket 6s, 10s, Js, Qs, Ks. Of course I called, of course he had an A.

Like you said before - I would normally never call in this situation - not even in a freeroll, considering the betting pattern he had before and since I only had a J until the river. Maybe for like 10-20 thousand, leaving me with 50, okay. But I would never risk my tournament life for that.

So to make a long story short (I know, too late for that 😅) - playing tired and exhausted is never a good idea, because your judgement is impaired and you will NEVER make any good decisions in that mental state in a long run.
Interestingly, I saw a video of a poker pro giving tips for winning, in which he describes how important stress-reduction is (according to him) for success in poker. He says that he works out every morning, eats healthy and sleeps about 8 hours at night. When on break, he does a little meditation or stuff like that, to calm himself down and get into a more relaxed mental state, so that he can think clearly and make better decisions again.
I would agree that the best way to play poker is with a sufficiently rested mind.

It is definitely better to let it go in such situations and to get some rest, when you're tired. Which is what I'm going to do now, too.

So, I hope you are relaxed enough the next time you play for money (and that you have a bit of luck, too 😉).

See all of you guys at the tables, the best of luck to y'all 🍀
I also went through a freeroll for 2000 people yesterday 5 tickets threw us at a table for $82 with a pass further there were 15 players I was so tired that I did not want to play and went all-in with 7 4 and left the tournament probably it was possible to calm down, gather strength and move on, but I made a choice not to play further

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
maybe because gambling is not a way to learning money?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

The important thing is, you know where you went wrong.

But I don't know a disagreement, why not play a freeroll seriously? Confused...

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

You made the mistake of starting the game tired and you paid for it. Everything is fair. I never play tired because I know that it will lead to losses and even worse to disappointment.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know what you mean. There are days that I'm not in the mood to play poker, but I play because there is an interesting tournament. I really don't know why I play in these days, because I usually don't have good results.

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should never play poker when you're tired because it requires a great deal of focus and thinking. I find when I'm tired I end up making mostly costly decisions at the table and that's never a good thing when money's involved.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

winstonchurchill1-2x.jpg

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, playing tired stressed or drunk lol is for freerolls, after all you have nothing to lose but your time. Now if you pay to play, even if it's in micro buyins, don't joke. Only play if you are rested. I've played freerolls even helping my wife clean the house. But I only play paid buyins when I'm calm.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you dont care about losing money there is no problem.

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling