whos not a donk

puppyfeet

puppyfeet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the players in freerolls or super-low buy-in tourneys that always talk trash and berate the other players, like they are big-time pros that accidentally signed up for the beginners' games. Like someone mentioned earlier, those guys are always trying to make themselves out to be a lot better players than they really are using their words b/c they know their play can't back it up. Any really good player that gets into a game with a truely clueless player isn't going to correct their mistakes for them, but rather sit back and wait until the time is right to take their chips from them.

Good players should consider donks and fish to be a benefit to their bankrolls in the long run. They will get lucky sometimes, but more often than not they will lose their money to those that know what they are doing. That's a good thing--embrace it!!!

P

pokerkid1331

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a terrible poker player.

mfturq

mfturq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my pick up line in 2009

"Do you have a bit of donk in you?

would you like some?"

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
e1

Eceryone gets tired or just takes a wild chance,but a true donk just plays like a nut every time ya see him/her.Theres some I wont even play with if Im looking for a room.

I

Ioreojr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree everyone DONKS sometimes, but if you catch urself doing it often you should look at your play... try to figure out y ur playing those 2 7 off......lol but hey thats poker right!!! sometimes there are those people at the tables that you just cant wait to donk.... (im probably one of em....lol)

Velutha

Velutha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
David Benyamine <--- Guy is murdering poker right now
True murdering poker, but he's donking off his life rather than chips [From Inside Poker (bold is my emphasis, not theirs)]:

On the face of it, everything is perfect in Benyamine’s world. Poker has brought him money, a doting fiancee and the respect of his peers. But success has not come without a price. Schoenberg compares their relationship to ‘ships passing in the night’ at times: she goes to bed at a time when he’s just ready to start a long night session.

Another casualty has been his health and appearance. Hunching for hours on end in front of a computer screen has seen his weight balloon and exacerbated the back problems that forced him to bow out of a promising tennis career. He finds it difficult to even indulge in golf, one of his favourite hobbies. ‘When my back is hurting, I am at home miserable,’ he says. Schoenberg is adamant that a largely sedentary lifestyle is not for her. ‘It’s affecting our lives too much. It wasn’t an issue when he could play golf but it’s gotten worse and worse. It’s really important – he’s got to buckle down and shape up.’""