OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
*starts by making standard response to these threads*

52 posts, and only two mentions of Doyle Brunson. For shame people!

Texas Dolly is far and away my favourite player

Now, on to the rest. For entertainment value, Phil Laak is quite amusing when he's on form. Phil Hellmuth has his moments ("Honey, I've insured the hand!" from this year's wsop is among my all-time favourites) but I find him terminally dull when he's losing. Scotty's quite fun too baby.

Humberto Brenes and (now that I've seen him in action) Hevad Kahn irritate me, don't find them the least bit entertaining. I've got a lot of respect for Humberto as a player, but those frickin' sharks... *sigh*

The list of players I've got loads of respect for, entertaining or not, could go on for days... but Barry Greenstein, Eric Seidel, Gus Hansen, Howard Lederer, Daniel Negranu, Allen Cunningham and Bill Gazes are all on there.

KingNothing4

KingNothing4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think i like negreanu because he is such a damn smart player, least he sure seems to know his stuff so hes a great player and i might be able to learn a thing or 2 watchin him

G

gra605

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being an Aussie I will go for Joe Hashem every time, but agree Negreanu and Gus Hansen are great players and great to watch

riverboatrat

riverboatrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
negreanu's reading ability to great to watch

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Negreanu, Ivey, and Scotty Nguyen for entertainment value, but probably my "idol" and player whose style i respect (and try to somewhat model my own after) is dan harrington.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being an Aussie I will go for Joe Hashem every time

Woo, another Aussie on here!

I've got a lot of respect for Joe's play. Also a big fan of Mel Judah.

gypzy78736

gypzy78736

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is strictly for entertainment, Phil H and the Mouth - together. :eek:

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually like to watch something i can learn from, but like most of these post I am highly entertained by the ignorant players like Mike the Mouth and Phil hellmuth....i also like the players who make fun of the crzy players like Phil laak, Esfandari, and Negraneu

IamBP

IamBP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My number one favorite poker player to watch is The Mouth. Also, quickly climbing the list is Gavin Smith.

GreekFish

GreekFish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well all time it was stu ungar, but when I think of a pro today it has to be phil ivey, great composure, and antonius..they never get out of line

Z

zippyflounder

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to go with annet15, she is going to be huge. Allen Cunningham and Jesus Fergerson are both aces players. I used to like Danny N's style but its so open to getting creamed when the blinds are up and is dependent on others "predictable" play.

willie beaman

willie beaman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite pro is Allen Cunningham. Allen is clearly one of the top all around poker players in the game today. His style of play and err of confidence makes him a favorite in any tourney he plays. For entertainment, I love to watch Daniel Negreanu, Phil Hellmuth and Scotty Nguyen. These guys hae a good time playing poker and more often than not, make incredible reads of their opponents, making them the most dangerous players at the table.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And I've always liked Jen Tilly, both as an actress and a poker player.

Jennifer Tilly=DONK

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN6wAHTWeEA[/media]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the look on phil ivey's face is priceless

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ivey, Negreanu, Cunningham, Greenstein

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kenny Tran, Phil Ivey, JC Tran, Erik Seidel, Brian Townsend

GreekFish

GreekFish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Stu

Well my fav is stu ungar(of all time for no-limit tourneys), but today its got to be ivey, his A game is just about the best,laser focus, but I really like the way he conducts himself, he's a man, unlike hellmouth who's a mouse..

Ursala

Ursala

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dave "The Devilfish" Ulliot. Scares the hell out of me, but is fascinating to watch.

skd1337

skd1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is pretty easy:

Dan Negreanu - Because he is awesome
Phil helmuth - Because he almost always gets his money in good and everyone wants to see him get outdrawn and his rants make me laugh.
Devilfish - Because he is from just up the road (ish) and his banter makes me smile.
Hevad Khan - He was a legend at WSOP 2007 and made me laugh. BULLDOZER!!!

Pro's I dont like include

Phil Ivey -Just to be different to everyone else
Tony G - I hate this man with an absolute passion
Sam Farha - I'm just not a fan

K

KLock7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think about this one all of the time and I always come up with different answers. At this time I have a few, all for different reasons...

1. Doyle Brunson - If this guy isn't your favorite player(or at least top 3), there must be something wrong with you. The man is credited(not confirmed) for creating the game we all love to much, Texas Hold 'Em. I honestly don't know what my life would be like without it!

2. Phil Hellmuth - It doesn't hurt that he's a fellow Wisconsinite, but for my money, I don't know if there's a better player in the world right now. The man doesn't always show as much class as he should, but who's going to argue with 11 bracelets?!

3. Daniel Negreanu - The skill this guy has at reading people just amazes me! I love watching him tell his opponent what they have. I don't think that will ever get old.

4. Barry Greenstein - I put him on the list not so much for his play(even though he is a top pro), but for his generosity. I love the fact that he donates a portion of his profits to charity. I compare him to a modern-day Robin Hood, just of the poker world.

5. Chris Ferguson - This guy has my respect for so many reasons. Not only is the man a mathematical genious, but the way he carries himself is an example of how to be as a person(not only at the table, but in life as well). Also, the man started with $0 and within a year and a half, turned it into $10,000! That's just amazing! Plus he can throw cards over 60 mph and ballroom dance(I'm sorry, but that's f'n awesome!).

My list is always changing(at least 4 & 5), but that's just how I'm feeling today.

D

di4phil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like daniel negreanu and gus hansen

J

julyangels

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a couple favorites that might be a little off the map, but I just find them so interesting. Sammy Farha and Jennifer Tilly. They aren't winning all the time (who is), but there is something about them that keeps me watching. Nice question ...ty july

H

HarleysComet

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have to say John Juanda is one of my all time favs.

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE POKER PRO ?

1) Daniel Negreanu ... because he seems to read the hands very well , plus , he is a cutey !! He has a good personality too.
2) Sammy Farha .... I like his style of playing
3) Scotty Nyguen ... He has a good read on the cards... and I like the way he calls everyone "baby" .
4) Doyle Brunson.... He is one of the best players .
All of the above players are not listed in any particular order, but someone had to be first and someone had to be last.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Juanda and Prahlad added to my list.

Insomniac_1006

Insomniac_1006

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my favorite poker pro to watch.

so who is your favorite pro and why do u like to watch him/her play?

Ok, I only read as far as who is your favorite poker pro to watch and therefore answered The Devil Fish. He is not, my favorite pro.

There are several pro players that I respect including Gus Hanson, Phil Ivey and Eric Sidel, but favorite would have to be one Jennifer Harmon purely for the fact that at everytime she is at a table that I am watching, someone invaribly says, to paraphrase, "She the best female poker player, actually she's one of the best period" I like that she can play with the boys and be seen as part of the team.